General Topics -  are you multilingual?  (6 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 

I'm about to revise the TheNess Survey again and there are still a few gaps in the data. If anyone here is multilingual maybe they can help?

TheNess Survey collects definite articles and markers - anything that translates as "THE" and related demonstrative forms - pronouns or adjectives or "focus" markers "THIS" "THAT" - demonstratives not relative conjunctions!

We also collect subject / object particles/ markers.

My hypothesis is that many of these forms can be traced back to this pattern in proto language(s) - * K T N however you dont have to be a linguistics student to donate samples.

Altho they dont seem to match the pattern I would also love samples from Amerind languages.

Do any readers know where I can find sites for Amerind languages like - I mean grammar description pages on line?

You can visit TheNess Survey at Neith's Place

http://www.geocities.com/scholara/index.html

I'm asking cos I've just about exhausted local library resources and those of the nearest universities I have public transport access to

Please donate data to TheNess Survey

This will benefit language students since I do include links to other sites and tables of declension etc

Neith

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.