Black Native Americans -  Lessons of his ancestors (9 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Drapetomaniac (cacimar) DelphiPlus Member Icon8/15/05 1:10 PM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

While other 14-year-olds spent their summer shooting baskets, playing video games or reading the latest Harry Potter book, Matthew Griffin was on the lecture circuit, giving others a glimpse into the lives of his ancestors, the Black Seminole Indians.

"My great-uncle and I went to a Seminole re-enactment at Dade Battlefield in Bushnell four years ago," said Matthew, a freshman at South Lake High School. "Some of the re-enactors gave us the tribe's history. After we did a little research, we found out that my great-great-grandfather, Hampton Sinclair, who had been a slave in Alabama, ran away and lived with the Seminoles."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/lake/orl-lklindians08080805aug08,0,4071442.story?coll=orl-news-headlines-lake

Reply   Options 

To: Drapetomaniac (cacimar) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 681.2 in reply to 681.1 

Thanks for sharing this, Rich!

Later...

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.