Black Native Americans -  Creek Freedmen denied tribe rights (21 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Critical Region Consulting @ybfree.com (YBFREE) DelphiPlus Member Icon9/18/05 11:38 AM 
To: Isis (georgia18) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 14) 
 684.4 in reply to 684.1 
DNA should solve the whole situation.

Reply   Options 

To: Isis (georgia18) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 14) 
 684.5 in reply to 684.3 

Note:

There have been ongoing battles like this for generations!

Though these folk have backup the earlier generations lacked?

One is you too!

(Smile)...

Thank you so very much for sharing this update about our Freedmen descended relations with the folk who read and/or post on this board as well...

Take care...

CTJ

To: Critical Region Consulting @ybfree.com (YBFREE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 14) 
 684.6 in reply to 684.4 

I do not agree that the exclusive and sole use of dna tests is any more fair and honest than how the white haters claimed (or claim)
any past African ancestor automatically makes somebody 'black'...

Nothing will be resolved so simply (or so quickly)...

CTJ

To: ROdomJr  (7 of 14) 
 684.7 in reply to 684.2 

My belated thank you for your 'one drop' rule investigative reporter level reporting...!

Very good job!!

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

• Edited 9/22/2005 1:15 pm ET by ctj527

To: Isis (georgia18) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 14) 
 684.8 in reply to 684.1 

It never fails. When the group who was discriminated against gains leverage, they turn right around and do the same that was done to them to others.

Here in San Francisco, the city is more than 50% Chinese. When I lived here '64-'66, they were relegated to China Town. Now they own most everything and won't rent to me once I show up and they see I am not white! It is the same thing they went through more than 30 years ago.

We have a long way to go as human beings.

To: Michelle (MICHELL12702)  (9 of 14) 
 684.9 in reply to 684.8 

Might I suggest you could do more to help by actually going to the Freedmen Descendants' webpage, finding out what they're trying to do for themselves, (which was/is probably the intent and purpose behind the reposting of the article this thread generated), ditto if you're able and willing, find out what you can do to aid them too?

Just do a search ala the MICROSOFT'S search engine for the 'Descendants of the Five Tribes' website...

It's not the one that is 'incorporated'...

Different folk...

It takes all kinds...

Good luck!

Later...

Peace...

To: ctj527  (10 of 14) 
 684.10 in reply to 684.9 

My earlier comment about the struggle can be used with any group of people who are denying another group. It is not exclusive to the Indians.

I did as you suggested and went straight to the "help" link. It outlines what you can do in terms of money (which I would give if I could) to what you can do if you are a member of the Freedmen.

I am a first generation American with no American Indian ties. My mother has Mayan Indian on her side of the family.

To: Michelle (MICHELL12702)  (11 of 14) 
 684.11 in reply to 684.10 

Good morning, Michelle!

And I'm pleased to hear/read you followed up on my suggestion(s)!

(Smile)...

But aren't you also aware of the ties between some indigenous folk had already existed before the coming of the whites en masse to these three (renamed) American continents?

At least one source implies and suggests that my other guessed at indigenous related ancestors--aka the Chahta--were a part of a past Mexican indian civilization...

And I'm about communicating with all indigenous folks who are interested in communicating with me too!

(BIG smile)...

Ok?

So do stay in touch!

Take care...

Peace...

From: Isis (georgia18) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/8/05 5:01 PM 
To: Michelle (MICHELL12702)  (12 of 14) 
 684.12 in reply to 684.8 

It seems some, just some, Chinese have not learned form their own history/herstory.  But, this holds true in other cultures too.  In Africa, the Africans there descriminate against Afro-americans.

May the Hand of the Mother Always be with You.
Isis

Chess, Goddess and Everything

Goddess Weave

On Chess

Goddesschess

Native  Rights and Information

http://forums.delphiforums.com/UNOTI_officer/start

To: Isis (georgia18) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (13 of 14) 
 684.13 in reply to 684.12 

The Chinese in San Francisco was an example from personal experience. My point was..
>>It never fails. When the group who was discriminated against gains leverage, they turn right around and do the same that was done to them to others. <<

Color makes no difference.

Navigate this discussion: 1-3 4-13 14
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.