General Topics -  Desperate Crossing: The Mayflower Story (20 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 

Hello everybody, ...I strongly recommend all of you to watch this excellent show and try to tape it on VCR or DVD or DVD Recorder for 3 hours which it is so worth with your time to watch it... I already watch it last Sunday night and I can't wait to watch it again tomorrow night at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day rather than watch National Football League game...   :-?  :-}  :-|  :-l   Roosevelt D. Odom, Jr.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=194107

Desperate Crossing: The Untold Story of The Mayflower

Episode:

PREMIERE:

Thursday, November 23 08:00 PM

Friday, November 24 12:00 AM

Sunday, November 26 04:00 PM

Search for other upcoming episodes

Most of the people whom we now know as "the Pilgrims" made their way from England to the city of Leiden, Holland, a place of religious tolerance. They found religious freedom, but faced extreme financial hardship. A bold decision is made to move to America. In the late summer of 1620 The Mayflower sets sails carrying 102 English settlers and 30 sailors. Over the next four months, about half of the settlers and sailors die of scurvy and weather-related illness. An English speaking Indian, Samoset, visits the settlers and his visit leads to the signing of a peace treaty. By the Fall of 1621, the English decide to celebrate their harvest with a feast which is attended by at least 90 Wampanoags. That peace will last 40 years. This show features elaborate dramatic reenactments from original source material written by eyewitnesses and participants in the actual events of the early 1600s.

Rating: TVPG

Running Time: 180 minutes

Genre:U.S. History

Reply   Options 

To: ROdomJr  (2 of 3) 
 736.2 in reply to 736.1 

Good evening,  and welcome back,  Rod!

Also thanks for caring and sharing this information with us here...

(Smile)...

Lastly...

I hope and pray you're having a Happy Thanksgiving!

(BIG smile)...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

To: ROdomJr  (3 of 3) 
 736.3 in reply to 736.1 
  • In the late summer of 1620 The Mayflower sets sails carrying 102 English settlers and 30 sailors.

As I recall from the history that I read on my own ... the Spanish were already in the USA for about 100 years setting up their colonies in at Florida and various other parts of the South. Also around 1620 the Dutch started their colony called New Amsterdam in the USA which stretched from NY, CT, DE and NJ.  And before this, it is claimed in 1606 that King James I of England granted a charter (illegal land grant) to start an English colony at Jamestown, VA which was not successful ... and where immigrant western european black Negroes now claim (without proof) that the first so-called 'negro slaves from Africa' brought into the USA as hired indentured servants.  However, no mention is ever made of the documented facts that the Dutch imported small groups of these same immigrant western european black Negroes up from the West Indies (mostly Barbados and Bahamas) into their colony in the USA as hired indentured servants also. It appears that The Mayflower wasn't the only bunch of white settlers sent out by Negro western europeans to colonize our ancestral homelands around 1620.

• Most of the people whom we now know as "the Pilgrims" made their way from England to the city of Leiden, Holland, a place of religious tolerance. They found religious freedom, but faced extreme financial hardship. A bold decision is made to move to America.

Considering the history of how the Dutch also started their colony around 1620, it makes one wonder if these whites on the Mayflower weren't also Dutch and not English as historical fairytales of early colonial America claims.  After all it was the Speedwell that allegedly carried these same English whites back to England from Holland (Dutch) where others of the alleged same English faith boarded the Mayflower and both the Speedwell and the Mayflower set sail for North America . ... but the Speewell allegedly leaked badly and was left behind leaving only the Mayflower to carry on.  So why go back to England since they were allegedly unwanted there in the first place?  Why not just sail to the Americas from Holland? ... which is what the Dutch did when the began to colonize the northeastern USA states and South America, didn't they? ... Or did the Dutch sail to England before they would sail to the colonies in the Americas and the West Indies?

So why the big fuss about the "English" Pilgrims who had made their home in Holland (Dutch)? ... leaving England?.  I wouldn't be suprised if even the story of Bodeca the red-headed Negress Britain who allegedly fought off the Roman garrison stationed in Britian for a year until reinforcement arrived is also fiction and not facts.  Just like the stories about 16 or 17 year old Cleopatra and her 13 year old brother the Pharaoh of Egypt when the western european Negro Romans invaded and plundered it ... killing these Egyptian children of the deceased Pharoah, .... then claiming in history that the  teenager Cleopatra was a worldly scheming temptress, seducing 55 year old, bald Julius Ceasar and then Mark Anthony who was left in charge of Egypt after the death of Ceasar... also claiming that Cleopatra had children by both of these Romans who were all killed in the end by the Romans. ... the same Romans who burned down the city of Jerusalem and the holy temple of our Lord Yahweh (Hebrew name) and looted the gold ... after allegedly killing many, many Jews whom they claimed rebelled against the Romans. <Remember Rwanda...? a more recent episode of mass killing of nonwestern europeans (indigenous East African Tutsi natives who migrated to Rwanda as allies of western europeans) by Negro Hutus (ancestors from western europe) now calling themselves 'africans.'

• Edited 11/27/2006 10:03 pm ET by Rosetta321

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.