Welcome/Stamp Yourself In! -  Stamping on Tiles (31 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 

Hi there fellow stampers.  My name is Sandi.  I just thought I would introduce myself.  I live in Canada.  Your forum is fantastic.

I am not a stamp expert--more like a dabbler of sorts.  I was just wondering if anybody here has any tips about stamping on tiles.  I would like to do some for Christmas. 

Have a great labor day weekend.     `sandi

Reply   Options 

From: Elizabeth Niederer (ELIZABETHN) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/30/08 6:51 PM 
To: Sandi-craft (beans2)  (2 of 3) 
 28929.2 in reply to 28929.1 

Hi Sandi and welcome! I've not done much stamping on tiles, but from my few experiments, I've learned:

--don't use real detailed stamps

--Stayzon ink works the best

--heat set every layer of work individually, then allow the tile to cool completely before proceeding

--seal your finished product with something like acrylic medium or varnish to give the work more durability

To: Elizabeth Niederer (ELIZABETHN) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 3) 
 28929.3 in reply to 28929.2 

Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for passing on these tips.  Still searching for my perfect stamp to use.  I will let you know how I do..

sandi

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.