Trump Administration -  Kellyanne microwave spying claim mocked (149 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-13 10:35 AM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

Kellyanne just handed SNL some juicy new material

CNBC: Senior White House advisor Kellyanne Conway was mocked via social media after she claimed that surveillance could be done with "microwaves that turn into cameras." In an interview with New Jersey's The Record newspaper Sunday, Conway said the government has many options available to conduct surveillance against citizens beyond wiretapping. "There are many ways to surveil each other," Conway told the newspaper. "You can surveil someone through their phones, certainly through their television sets — any number of ways."

Conway told ABC on Monday she had no evidence for this and wasn't making a suggestion in regard to Trump Tower. President Donald Trump claimed earlier this month that former President Barack Obama ordered a wiretap on him before the November election. Trump has given no evidence to back the claim, and bipartisan members of Congress have cast doubts on it.

• Edited March 13, 2017 10:41 am  by  Marci (marcinmin)

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 28730.2 in reply to 28730.1 

It sounds a lot like August Strindberg's writing about mind control via radio waves.... still a popular delusion among schizophrenics! Arf!

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-13 10:53 PM 
To: oldmillot  (3 of 7) 
 28730.3 in reply to 28730.2 

I'm okay with my microwave spying, but if I find out my coffeemaker turns into a camera when I least expect, I'll be very disappointed. The Keurig is my best friend in the morning wink

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 28730.4 in reply to 28730.3 

The old pup drinks strong hot tea when he wakes up. He talks to Angela Lansbury every morning! Arf!

Image result for talking teapot beauty and the beast

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-14 9:43 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 28730.5 in reply to 28730.1 

Yes  a camera and microphone can be easily added to just about anything. A microwave would not be my first choice unless I wanted to spy on my kitchen help.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-15 10:20 AM 
To: All  (6 of 7) 
 28730.6 in reply to 28730.1 

seen on Facebook:

Image may contain: 1 person, camera

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-19 3:58 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 28730.7 in reply to 28730.1 

Can your TV spy on you? Yes. People can tell what channels you watch.

Unless someone deliberately gets access to your microwave, TV or whatever and adds a camera or microphone the capacity to spy on you is zero. You can add a camera to a teddy bear. You can buy clocks with cameras already in them.

It doesn't take a great deal of knowledge orb skill to do these things. Just because a legal warrant wasn't issued does not mean there is no surveillance going on.

Of course if your personal conversations are getting out the problem is more likely to be people than hardware.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.