Trump Administration -  Mueller can investigate any crime... (26 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-7 8:45 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

...he uncovers, but has to check in with the deputy AG first

LawNewz: Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said on Sunday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller can investigate whatever crime he uncovers as part of the Russia probe. The thing is, Mueller has to check in with him first.

“The special counsel is subject to the rules and regulations of the Department of Justice and we don’t engage in fishing expeditions,” he told Fox News host Chris Wallace. “Bob Mueller understands and I understand the specific scope of the investigation, and so no, it’s not a fishing expedition.”

He said that Mueller needs to ask for permission before expanding the probe beyond its initial scope if investigators discover a crime outside the parameters.

“If it’s something outside that scope, he needs to come to the Acting Attorney General–at this time, me–for permission to expand his investigation,” he told Fox News host Chris Wallace.

Rosenstein did not specify in detail what that scope was.

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.