Congress & the Courts -  Trump Jr. meets w/Senate committee (51 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-7 3:09 PM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Washington (CNN) Donald Trump Jr. told Senate judiciary committee staffers Thursday that he did not recall the details of White House involvement in the public response to his 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer and did not know much about the Air Force One meeting that allegedly led to the production of the statement, sources told CNN. 

Trump Jr. was explicitly asked whether he either took any of the Russian participants in the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting to see his father -- now President Donald Trump -- or whether he told his father about the meeting after, sources said. He insisted he did neither. Asked why his father promised the next day that dirt was coming on Hillary Clinton, Trump Jr. told Senate staffers that's just the way his father talks. The President's eldest son met with congressional investigators for more than five hours Thursday, but at least one member of the Senate judiciary committee is saying Trump Jr.'s interview is doing little to ease their concerns.

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-8 9:54 AM 
To: All  (2 of 2) 
 31151.2 in reply to 31151.1 

bwahahaha. That's almost as bad as going to talk about adoptions

Huffpost: Donald Trump Jr., the oldest son of President Donald Trump, met with a Russian lawyer in June 2016 because he hoped to get damaging information about Hillary Clinton’s “fitness” for the White House, he told Senate investigators Thursday, according to a report from The New York Times.

Trump Jr. has been speaking to the Senate Judiciary Committee about meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a lawyer he was told had connections to the Kremlin, during last year’s presidential campaign.

“To the extent they had information concerning the fitness, character or qualifications of a presidential candidate, I believed that I should at least hear them out,” Trump Jr. said in a statement to committee members. “Depending on what, if any, information they had, I could then consult with counsel to make an informed decision as to whether to give it further consideration.”

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.