Trump Administration -  Pressure on Sessions rises (41 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-3 10:22 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

Huffpost: Senate Democrats have called on Jeff Sessions to clarify just how much he knew about attempts by the Russian government to influence the 2016 presidential election, following revelations that the attorney general was previously in a meeting with former Trump campaign aide-turned special counsel cooperator George Papadopoulos.

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) demanded that Sessions clarify his past statements and Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) has asked the attorney general to once again appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee following the indictments this week of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his longtime associate Rick Gates as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

As part of the inquiry into potential collusion between the Donald Trump campaign and the Kremlin, Mueller’s office also announced the surprising news on Monday that his team had gained the cooperation of Papadopoulos, a former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, who has been working with federal investigators following his own guilty plea that he lied to the FBI.

Also on Thursday, former Trump foreign policy adviser Carter Page told Congress in a six-hour, closed-door testimony that he told Sessions he was traveling to Russia during the presidential campaign, according to an account he gave to CNN. Page said the trips were “completely unrelated to my limited volunteer role with the campaign and as I’ve done dozens of times throughout my life.”

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.