Trump Administration -  Trump lawyers nix Mueller interview (155 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/30/18 8:11 PM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

by claiming Mueller hasn't met the threshold for an interview. LOL. Maybe he should offer to conduct the interview on the set of Fox and Friends

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump's attorneys are arguing that special counsel Robert Mueller's team has not met the high threshold they believe is needed to interview a president in person, according to sources familiar with the ongoing deliberations.

Despite the fact that Trump himself has said he is "looking forward" and would "love to" meet with Mueller, he did say any interview would be "subject to my lawyers," who believe that Trump should not be required to do that.

Sources said this is an ongoing negotiation and the position by the President's lawyers is not a final stance. While the White House has cooperated with Mueller's investigation by providing documents and voluntary witness testimony, the President's legal team argues that the President should not be treated like anyone else. Trump's attorneys would like Mueller's prosecutors to show that only the President can give them the information they require. The President's team, one source said, is consulting with the White House counsel's office and other outside legal experts given the implications of any decision about the President's testimony on the office of the President.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 32807.2 in reply to 32807.1 

Let me guess. Trump wants an interview with pre-written questions that he will answer with pre-written statements- cause he's the president and anything he says might be confidential to the Office of the President.

Also, whenever given freedom to speak without a pre-written statement he doesn't know the difference between a delusionary self-inflating statement, totally devoid of truth, with an actually documented truthful statement. The best liars believe their own lies so much they convince others as well.

There is another class of liar- described by Heinlein,  which exceeds this in skill. That is the making of a statement that IS the truth, but no one can bring themselves to believe! He's not that smart. Pence may be.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/3/18 11:04 PM 
To: Marypickford DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 4) 
 32807.3 in reply to 32807.2 

I'm sure the lawyers are lobbying for a take home test, but I doubt Mueller will go for it

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 32807.4 in reply to 32807.3 

Seems like deja vu all over again... "executive privilege", "unindicted co-conspirator", etc. Seems like the same primrose path that we've traveled before. Arf! 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.