Congress & the Courts -  Bernie Sanders son runs for Congress (104 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/27/18 12:42 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

hmmm. he doesn't live in the district. I guess we'll see how the voters feel. Bernie is still extremely popular throughout the state

the Hill: Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders’s (I) son, Levi, announced Monday he is running for the open House seat in New Hampshire's 1st Congressional District. 

“For over 17 years, I have represented the working class who have been beaten up by the system. It is time to demand that we have a system which represents the 99 percent and not the 1 percent who have never had it so good,” Levi Sanders said in a statement on his campaign website.

Sanders, a legal services analyst, is proposing policies similar to those championed by his father, including a “Medicare for all health system,” tuition-free college, a higher minimum wage and more. His candidacy was first reported by WMUR in Vermont. Sanders, 48, is running to replace Rep. Carol Shea-Porter (D-Vt.), who is not seeking re-election. Sanders joins a field of seven Democrats and three Republicans vying for the seat.

He does not technically reside in the 1st District, though by law he is only required to live in the state.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 33110.2 in reply to 33110.1 

He ought to move to the District that he wants to serve. Vermont is a very small State. It can't be that far.....Arf!

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/27/18 4:18 PM 
To: oldmillot  (3 of 3) 
 33110.3 in reply to 33110.2 

I'm sure he will have to. Apparently, Levi also has a social media problem. Some of his tweets from the last couple of years, including as recent as January, show him attacking Hillary Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, Barack Obama, Kamala Harris and MSNBC anchor Joy Reid. His comments about what he thinks the working class considers important seems to exclude people of color as being part of the working class. He has sent tweets criticizing what he calls the Clinton Dynasty - odd, since he is now running for public office. He also criticized VA Gov Terry McAuliffe for removing Confederate statues. Young (well, he is in his 40's) Levi seems to be a mixed bag.

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.