News & Melting Pot -  Sikh man attacked, told to go home (56 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-6 10:12 AM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

while posting signs for a Republican candidate, Sorry, Mr. Malhi, Republicans don't believe in hate crimes

The Hill: A Sikh man says he was attacked and told to “go back to [his] country” in an incident police are now investigating as a hate crime. Surjit Malhi, 50, told Sacramento’s CBS13 that he was beaten by two men who also allegedly spray-painted his truck with hate symbols, while he was out posting campaign signs for Rep. Jeff Denham (R-Calif.)

Malhi told CBS that the men threw sand in his eyes and brutally beat him in the head, shoulders and neck, while shouting: “Go back to your country!” “It’s very scary you know,” he said. “[I thought] they were going to shoot me.”

Malhi told the station that his turban softened the blows, and may have saved his life. CBS reported that Malhi is a well-known member of the community, has raised thousands of dollars for charity and is a politically-involved, active supporter of the local Republican Party.

Reply   Options 

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-13 8:24 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 34811.2 in reply to 34811.1 

This posting has been featured in today's Delphi Daily Political News http://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=2952.1

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-13 9:27 AM 
To: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 4) 
 34811.3 in reply to 34811.2 

thanks, Lyndy!

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-13 5:14 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 34811.4 in reply to 34811.3 

you are welcome Marci!

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.