Trump Administration -  Trump, WH attack Woodward book (29 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-5 9:52 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

Woodward's reputation, compared to say Omarosa or even Michael Wolfe, is almost beyond reproach. Much of what is in Woodward's book or at least similar accounts are in their books as well as media reports by Wash Post, NY Times, NBC, CNN, etc. In the tape Woodward released, Trump is force to concede he lied twice about saying nobody came to him for an interview. The beginning denials are almost verbatim what Trump said to Omarosa in the tape she released - where he says nobody tells me anything, I didn't know, I wish I knew...

Wash Post:By Ashley Parker Josh Dawsey September 4 at 8:53 PM

The White House on Tuesday aggressively challenged aspects of Bob Woodward’s explosive new book on President Trump’s administration, which paints a devastating portrait of a presidency careening toward a “nervous breakdown.”

Hours after The Washington Post first reported several key incidents from Woodward’s book, “Fear,” the administration mounted a vigorous string of public denials, with statements from top advisers — White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders — as well as from Trump’s former personal attorney John Dowd.

Mattis called the book “fiction,” and Sanders denounced the tome in a statement as “nothing more than fabricated stories, many by former disgruntled employees” without disputing any of the specifics that have been reported in excerpts.

Trump tweeted the statements Tuesday evening and then, without providing evidence, suggested the book’s release was timed to affect the midterm elections in November.

Reply   Options 

From: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-5 9:56 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 35116.2 in reply to 35116.1 

Marci (marcinmin) said...

Woodward's reputation, compared to say Omarosa or even Michael Wolfe, is almost beyond reproach.

In addition, I saw an interview with Woodward last night, and he indicated that he had taped every interview he made with Administration officials during research for his book.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-5 9:58 AM 
To: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 3) 
 35116.3 in reply to 35116.2 

yes, he told Trump he had hundreds of hours of tapes. People who know Woodward and his methods says he employs multiple transcriptionists who listen to tapes and transcribe all day long. Woodward isn't a solo author with one assistant. It's a well oiled machine

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.