Trump Administration -  Trump sees himself as a victim (64 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-29 9:59 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

WaPo: By Philip Rucker  September 28, 2019 at 2:19 p.m. MDT

Donald Trump is not the first American president staring down impeachment to nurse a deep sense of persecution and self-pity. But he is the first to broadcast that mentality to the world.

In the five days since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) opened an impeachment inquiry following revelations about President Trump’s conduct with his Ukrainian counterpart, Trump has been determined to cast himself as a singular victim in a warped reality — a portrayal that seems part political survival strategy, part virtual therapy session.

As Trump tells it, he is a hard-working and honorable president whose conduct has been “perfect” but who is being harassed and tormented by “Do Nothing Democrat Savages” and a corrupt intelligence community resolved to perpetuate a hoax, defraud the public and, ultimately, undo the 2016 election.

“There has been no President in the history of our Country who has been treated so badly as I have,” Trump tweeted Wednesday, some 13 hours after Pelosi’s announcement.

Reply   Options 

From: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-29 1:19 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 38569.2 in reply to 38569.1 

Marci (marcinmin) said...

“There has been no President in the history of our Country who has been treated so badly as I have,” Trump tweeted Wednesday, some 13 hours after Pelosi’s announcement.

I think it was Trevor Noah on "The Daily Show" who commented on Trump's claim: "Yeah, tell that to Abraham Lincoln or John F. Kennedy."

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-29 7:54 PM 
To: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 3) 
 38569.3 in reply to 38569.2 

That’s funny but the joke would be lost on Trump

Click Below for my Forums:

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.