News & Melting Pot -  Bernie Sanders hospitalized (99 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-2 10:52 AM 
To: All  (1 of 5) 

Breaking now. Sanders had two stents inserted into an artery. 

Click Below for my Forums:

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-2 8:55 PM 
To: All  (2 of 5) 
 38609.2 in reply to 38609.1 

WaPo:

Oct. 2, 2019 at 5:07 p.m. MDT

LAS VEGAS — Democratic presidential contender Bernie Sanders was treated for an artery blockage this week, sidelining him for at least a few days from a race in which the candidates’ age and physical health have been significant factors.

The senator from Vermont was hospitalized after experiencing chest pains at a Tuesday campaign event, according to Jeff Weaver, a senior Sanders adviser. Doctors found a blockage in one artery and inserted two stents, Weaver said in a Wednesday statement. Sanders was “in good spirits” but canceled campaign events “until further notice” so he can rest in the coming days, Weaver said.

Sanders thanked well-wishers Wednesday and used the moment to draw attention to his signature universal-health-care proposal. “None of us know when a medical emergency might affect us. And no one should fear going bankrupt if it occurs. Medicare-for-all!” he tweeted.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-4 8:55 PM 
To: All  (3 of 5) 
 38609.3 in reply to 38609.2 

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-5 1:21 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 38609.4 in reply to 38609.3 

Heart attack is a VERY loose definition of a pain in the chest, any pain in the chest is a result of damaging loss of circulation to any part of the heart muscle.  If anyone has a stent or bypass after a symptomatic experience, that person has had a heart attack by definition, it is really that simple.

Now weakness or other symptoms not involving pain such as arrhythmias, congestive failure, conduction defects, or pacemaker insertions are indeed cardiac events but they are NOT heart attacks.

Which is more dangerous?  Hard to say, none of the above are really good things.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-5 1:22 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 5) 
 38609.5 in reply to 38609.4 

IMO, if Bernie is smart, he will drop out of the race and continue in the Senate. We need him in the Senate. Plus, they have a lifetime health plan. Another plus, Bernie's campaign can pay off any debts and his non-profit is still going strong and making a difference

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.