Congress & the Courts -  Appeals court rules against DT re: Taxes (40 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-4 12:21 PM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Hand them over, Donnie. Donnie: my Supreme Court will back me

WaPo:

November 4, 2019 at 9:45 a.m. MST

A federal appeals court on Monday rejected President Trump’s effort to block New York prosecutors from accessing his tax records and Trump’s sweeping claims of presidential immunity.

The decision is the second time in recent weeks that a federal appeals court has ruled against the president in his bid to stop investigators from scrutinizing his private financial records. The case is one of several legal clashes testing the limits of presidential power that is expected to reach the Supreme Court as soon as this term.

The Manhattan District Attorney is investigating hush-money payments made in the lead up to the 2016 presidential election. The ruling does not mean that Trump’s tax records will be turned over immediately. Local prosecutors agreed to delay enforcement of the subpoena to Trump’s longtime accounting firm if the president’s lawyers move quickly to ask the Supreme Court to intervene.

Reply   Options 

From: Quirkiestroh (Quirk) (quirkiestroh) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-11 9:49 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 38863.2 in reply to 38863.1 

Dear Marci,

That is why he wants to run away to Florida!  Well, he who does not believe in the
effects from humans regarding climate change and he wants to move to Florida?
He's never been somewhere live during a hurricane, I have, living here in Houston,
Texas it sure is scary!  He can run but he cannot hide, hmmmm!

Quirk

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.