The Media is the Message -  Don Jr. book tour fail (87 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-10 9:46 AM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

TPM:

The President’s eldest son released a book on Tuesday, predictably titled to own the libs, and embarked on a media tour that could be seen as a PR tour for his father during one of the most devastating weeks for the President since the impeachment inquiry launched last month.

It didn’t go well.

There was speculation among media types that the press tour was part of an underground effort to gauge Donald Trump Jr.’s likability for possible future political endeavors, but the President’s son was largely plagued with unfriendly questions about his father, nepotism and his own efforts to out the whistleblower whose complaint was the catalyst of the House’s impeachment inquiry. The media tour was further tainted by President Trump’s efforts to promote his son’s book — entitled “Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us” — on Twitter and reports that the Trump campaign may have bulk-bought copies of the book to be signed and resold to supporters.

Trump Jr. did make a few appearances on Fox News, where he was met with friendly questioning, but the action that spurred the most grilling from other networks was his decision to tweet out a name that’s been circulated in conservative media as the potential whistleblower.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 38916.2 in reply to 38916.1 

Does America need another book cleansing? All those deep state books are by the far right and i think all the mass shooters are too.  With the education kids are getting these days being subpar, it sure is sad they are being handed stuff to read that is based in such deep, dark lies of religion and culture. will they ever see its beauty (culture)?

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-10 6:49 PM 
To: Shakaki (foghat812) unread  (3 of 7) 
 38916.3 in reply to 38916.2 

I suspect most buyers are GOP pacs and think tanks plus the occasional Trumper who wants to display it on a coffee shelf or something to impress or irritate friends and family. Doubt many will actually read it. I can remember years ago when Glenn Beck had a book out And another book about W. GOPers were on the plane I was on  making a big show of reading those books and showing off the dust covers.

Click Below for my Forums:

From: Quirkiestroh (Quirk) (quirkiestroh) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-11 9:49 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 38916.4 in reply to 38916.1 

Dear Marci,

I missed watching Don Jr. on The View that day, I wondered if they chewed him up and spit him out?
I tried watching it after the fact but all the stuff I can find online has been removed!  Hmmm???

Quirkiestroh (Quirk)

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-11 9:51 AM 
To: Quirkiestroh (Quirk) (quirkiestroh) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 38916.5 in reply to 38916.4 

Hi Quirk and welcome to Liberal Heaven. You have voice. Try this video below

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 38916.6 in reply to 38916.5 

I saw the show.  When the hosts started citing facts, Don Jr. started making false personal attacks on them.  I guess he had those attacks loaded in preparation for the expected criticisms.  He and his girlfriend were both obnoxious boors.

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

From: Quirkiestroh (Quirk) (quirkiestroh) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-19 10:13 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 38916.7 in reply to 38916.5 

Dear Marci,

Thanks for this, it went as I thought it might!
Wow, there sure were lots of effort to bury it, I couldn't find it
afterward. 
Thanks,

Quirk

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.