The Media is the Message -  Wallace vs. Kennedy; Fact vs. Ignorance (59 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-25 9:53 AM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Rep John Kennedy was trying to personalized the discussion to make it about Fiona Hill, but Chris Wallace wasn't having it. Kennedy likes to play the homespun Southern Senator, but he actually knows better and chooses to be Trump's toady & defend the indefensible

Reliable Sources:

Wallace v. Kennedy, fact v. ignorance

Fact-check after fact-check has showed that these beliefs do not hold up to scrutiny. But Trump expects his congressmen and commentators to stay in line. That's how we end up with moments like this -- from "Fox News Sunday" -- when, per The Daily Beast, GOP Senator John Kennedy "said he still wasn't sure that Russia was responsible for the DNC server hack during the 2016 election, even though the intelligence community has concluded that Russia is the culprit." Chris Wallace rightly pushed back -- here's the exchange:

WALLACE: "Who do you believe was responsible for hacking the DNC and Clinton campaign computers, their emails? Was it Russia, or Ukraine?"

KENNEDY: "I don't know. Nor do you. Nor do any of us. Ms. Hill is entitled to her opinion--"

WALLACE: "Let me just interrupt to say, the entire intelligence community says it was Russia."

KENNEDY: "Right, but it could also be Ukraine. I'm not saying that I know one way or the other. I’m saying that Ms. Hill is entitled to her opinion, but no rebuttal evidence was allowed to be offered."

>> Kennedy should read Marshall Cohen and Olanma Mang's latest for CNN: "Debunking the Trump-backed conspiracy theory on Ukraine election meddling"

>> And he should watch Sunday's "60 Minutes" story, "How the Russians hacked the 2016 election," featuring DOJ Assistant Attorney General John Demers...

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-26 9:17 AM 
To: All  (2 of 2) 
 39029.2 in reply to 39029.1 

Kennedy tried to clean up his embarrassing performance on Fox News Sunday, but still claimed Ukraine tried to meddle & cited debunked articles

Politico:

Sen. John N. Kennedy (R-La.) walked back on a comment he made Sunday supporting the debunked theory that Ukraine hacked the Democratic National Committee's emails in 2016.

"I was wrong," Kennedy said Monday night on CNN. "The only evidence I have, and I think it's overwhelming, is that it was Russia to tried to hack the DNC computer."

The Monday night revision follows a comment the senator made over the weekend that appeared to reflect a largely discredited conspiracy theory. Fox News' Chris Wallace on Sunday asked Kennedy whom he believed was responsible for the 2016 hack, noting that the U.S. intelligence community resoundingly agree Russia was behind the attack. But Kennedy responded, "It could also be Ukraine."

But speaking with CNN's Chris Cuomo on Monday, Kennedy said he misheard Wallace's question. The ardent Trump ally said he'd thought Wallace had said only Russia interfered in the 2016 election, and Kennedy was skeptical of ruling out Ukrainian involvement as well.

"I don't know nor do you, nor do any of us," Kennedy told Wallace at the time.

The remark reflected a conspiracy theory frequently repeated by President Donald Trump and that he had asked Ukraine to investigate — a major point in House Democrats' impeachment inquiry. Fiona Hill, a former top White House adviser on Russia, told House investigators Thursday that the idea Ukraine led a campaign to tamper with the 2016 election was "a fictional narrative being propagated by the Russian security services themselves."

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.