Politics & Campaigns -  Biden looks to SC to revive campaign (65 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-12 9:27 AM 
To: All  (1 of 5) 

Biden's numbers are dropping there, too, but he has to give it a shot

Wash Post By Josh Dawsey  Feb. 11, 2020 at 9:15 p.m. MST

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Joe Biden flew here unexpectedly Tuesday night before New Hampshire votes were even counted, seeking to save his faltering campaign in a state he must win — and one where allies, voters, party officials and others say he remains a front-runner, albeit a wounded one.

After dismal showings in last week’s Iowa caucuses and then again Tuesday in the New Hampshire primary, the former vice president is now counting on what has so far been durable support from black voters who make up a large share of the Democratic electorate in South Carolina.

But some people close to the operation have grown worried that Biden is no longer a sure bet in this state’s Feb. 29 primary and that his uneven performances on the campaign trail could dampen support. Some who once saw Biden as the strongest potential challenger to President Trump are looking at others, including billionaire Mike Bloomberg, who won’t be on the ballot here but is competing in states that vote a few days later on Super Tuesday.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 5) 
 39562.2 in reply to 39562.1 

I live in SC and it sure would be good if he had promotions on TV more.  It seems like everyone is on TV more than he is.  It makes me feel like he doesn't care and I sure would like him to be the Dem. candidate!

border=

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-23 9:45 AM 
To: Tedster (MARCIASC)  (3 of 5) 
 39562.3 in reply to 39562.2 

Hi Marcia. Good to see you here. I think Biden is hurting for funds and Steyer & Bloomberg have a lot of it. Supposedly, a PAC supporting Trump is funding the Tulsi Gabbard ads in SC. A cyberpal in SC says he has seen quite a few Tulsi ads.

on edit: I have started to see some Biden ads but mostly Bloomberg and Trump here in NM. Our primary isn't until June so it will be all over by then

Click Below for my Forums:

• Edited February 23, 2020 9:52 am  by  Marci (marcinmin)

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 39562.4 in reply to 39562.3 

Marci, that's interesting about Tulsi Gabbard ads.  If I have seen any it was months ago.  I haven't seen any lately.  I live on the east side of SC and maybe your friend is on the western side. 

border=

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-25 10:54 AM 
To: Tedster (MARCIASC)  (5 of 5) 
 39562.5 in reply to 39562.4 

I think he lives near Charleston, close to a military base. He opined Tulsi's status as a vet is the reason ads were run here. I live close to an Air Force Base, but our state is blue and I don't think Tulsi plays well here

Click Below for my Forums:

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.