Congress & the Courts -  Rep Castro:Ban Trump name from buildings (175 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-8 10:02 AM 
To: All  (1 of 8) 

Huffpost:

Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) doesn’t want any federal government buildings being named after President Donald Trump. Ever.

Castro tweeted Thursday he was preparing legislation that would prohibit the outgoing president from being afforded the honor.

@JoaquinCastrotx

In addition to supporting the impeachment and removal of Donald Trump, I am also preparing legislation that would prohibit any federal building or property from being named after President Donald J. Trump.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 8) 
 42026.2 in reply to 42026.1 

I'm totally on board with this one. 

To: BlueMoon67 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 8) 
 42026.3 in reply to 42026.2 

The pup would be on board for them naming a federal prison after Trump. And making it his mailing address. Arf!

To: oldmillot  (4 of 8) 
 42026.4 in reply to 42026.3 

Or some kind of nuclear waste dump. LOL

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-8 5:32 PM 
To: oldmillot  (5 of 8) 
 42026.5 in reply to 42026.3 

Someone on my FB private group suggested public bathrooms get named after Trump 

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 8) 
 42026.6 in reply to 42026.5 

Someone on my FB private group suggested public bathrooms get named after Trump 

The  Trump Dumpers?

Arf! 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 42026.7 in reply to 42026.1 

I hope they don't name schools after him, either.  BTW, has any school been named for our last disgraced president, Nixon?

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-10 6:14 PM 
To: Keatho unread  (8 of 8) 
 42026.8 in reply to 42026.7 

Keatho said...

I hope they don't name schools after him, either.  BTW, has any school been named for our last disgraced president, Nixon?

Welcome to Liberal Heaven. The schools I attended were Benjamin Harrison elementary and junior high school and Washington High School.

Found this from Time, Inc.:

here are 91 public schools named after John F. Kennedy, 73 named after Thomas Jefferson and 13 named after Barack Obama. (In total, the U.S. had 99,354 public schools, according to the most recent count.)

But when it comes to former President Richard Nixon, who resigned amid scandal in 1974, just two public schools across the country bear his name, according to the Department of Education.

Both Richard M. Nixon Elementary School in Hiawatha, Iowa and Nixon Elementary School in Landing, N.J. were named while Nixon was still in office, and they’ve both kept their names in the more than four decades since, despite occasional pushes for change.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.