Politics & Campaigns -  "Don't Texas my Florida" (39 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-3 10:57 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

Raw Story: From marching and singing to beeping and waving signs, protesters were out in force Saturday to fight against a Texas-style abortion ban that's been filed in the Florida Legislature as well as attacks against transgender rights.

The marches and rallies were scheduled in cities and communities across Florida and states elsewhere on Saturday, part of a “Day of Action" nationwide as tensions rise over the threat to the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion.

In Tallahassee, protesters marched to the historic Old Capitol on the capitol complex grounds, waving signs that said, “We Will Not Be Silenced," and “Ruth sent me," a reference to the late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Another sign, “Don't Texas my Florida," referred to the recent anti-abortion legislation filed for the January 2022 Florida legislative session that would be similar to the Texas law banning abortions after about six weeks of pregnancy. The Florida legislation would allow citizens to sue people who provide or enable abortions. The bill is HB 167.

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.