MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"BUMP" IF YOU LOVE BARBARO    Barbaro and Family

Started 6/2/07 by barbarosoars; 311099 views.
cigarello

6/8/18

https://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/Hearts/Barbaro_Candip_and_racing_s_L_word_that_nobody_loves_123#

I found this article -- it is about Barbaro's breakdown and the "L" word that nobody wants to talk about. and how what happened to Barbaro accelerated the desire to find a cure and better treatment for this dreaded disease that has taken too many of our beloved horses.

PattyTx1

6/8/18

Very interesting article!  I really enjoyed reading it.  they sure got the FOB right!

cigarello

6/9/18

The Clog sounds like a really innovative solution to try to successfully treat Laminitis. i wonder if vets are giving it a chance.

PattyTx1

6/9/18

I sure hope they are.  I will have to ask our vet if he does.

A big bump for Barbaro on this triple crown day.

Go Justify and run with the wind. Barbaro!

sandins

12/18/18

this is so promising for future  and current use,,,,,,,hoping,,,,,

Sandyheart_eyes

cigarello

12/18/18

Barbaro gave us so much-- his star shined so bright on the race track--- his magnificence personified

in the Kentucky Derby- breathtaking- took our breath away-----then, in an instant, his magnificence

on the track transformed into something else: into a grace and elegance, mixed with a great intelligence 

in attempting to win the battle for his life---and in fighting that battle, which he would sadly, eventually

lose, he gave us the potential to save other lives with the knowledge that Dr. Richardson and others

learned from trying so valiantly to save Barbaro's life.  so, yes, there is great potential now to

save lives from dreaded "L"----- and we can thank Barbaro for this gift as well.

cigarello

12/27/18

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/231272/backtrack-barbaro-opens-3-year-old-season-in-style

Found this article on "look back" at Bloodhorse: brought back the wonder of Barbaro that year when he won the Derby - please read the comments too- he was so loved and everyone who followed horse racing that year could see how dominant he was.  I know he was on his way to winning the triple crown. Lots of people commenting that was the most dominating Derby win they had every seen.

LyndaP31

2/24/19

Is this thread still posting?

sandins

2/24/19

should be,,,,,,,,,,,few and far between...........kissing_heart

Sandy

LyndaP31

2/24/19

Ok :) I saw rumors that this thread was shut down. I had to check!