Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 248328 views.
Msg 41 of 6977 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 38
Weldon54

12/15/07

I know that Mims would want all of us to move forward to help all those who a

ren't as fortunate as she was in her last years. She maintained her dignity when times were tough for her. Surely we can all do the same.

From all the other stories you've told me, I honestly think that she is your guardian angel.

Debbie1948

12/15/07

Not going any where, we need more people like Jeanne ane Joe for sure. Did you see the Dymaformer colt at Joe's today. His eyes look just like Barbaro's. His name is Totally Platinum.

Joe is a great guy! I will not tell Cathy your in love with Joe, I am too! Taking care of 104 horses everyday. Hat's off to them both.

Msg 43 of 6977 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 40
kaeffer

12/15/07

Yes, Jeanne! I learned of Our Mims on this board (really, all I know of horses, I've essentially learned because of TWR/ABR!!).....there was a short thread about 6 months or so ago about the Ladies & you.....I became acquainted with Linda from Maine thru that thread.....visited you only about a month later....and then again in October with Linda and her friends....

My favorite Lady is Hana Bride.....but I also must say....Jamra makes me just smile and feel very happy......

Is everyone doing well with the weather change?

Kathleen
Cincinnati

PS....how about that Tim Tebow!!! Your daughter must be having a blast with those football friends of hers at UF! GO GATORS!!!

12/15/07

Sugar and Spice was 27 when she came to OMRH. Poor baby. Her condition would make you cry. Her physical condition was bad enough but her emotional condition was much worse. If you have read Barbara Livingston's MORE OLD FRIEND'S, you'll know.

Sugar arrived on May 7, 2004 and passed away on Spetember 13 that same year. We were able to restore her health and dignity. She knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, she was loved.

Sugar was a gift to me from Mims, I have no doubt. She was my healing. It's because of Sugar that I know I can continue to take in one lady after another. Sugar, sweet, sweet, Sugar, who needed to pass with someone who loved her, not alone. I am convinced that Sugar and other horses hold on long enough to find a safe haven to die in. Once found, they can go in peace.

Sugar and Hope of Glory bonded quickly. Hopey grieved herself to death after Sugar died and left this Earth one month later.

Weldon54

12/15/07

Yes, I did see Totally Platinum today in Joe's blog. He's beautiful!

really920

12/15/07

Add one more girl friend to the list!!! I am sure Cathy won't even notice LOL!!!
Weldon54

12/15/07

LOL! You're a trip!

P.S. THANK YOU for all that you do for our horses, Lucille!

really920

12/15/07

Thank you too!!!

12/15/07

GO GATORS!!! My gator child comes home tomorrow!!!!

The ladies were organizing a coup today. Here I am, stuck in the house after ankle surgery, Pete and Pam taking care of the gang. So, I asked them to leave the ladies inside because of the freezing rain and sleet.  OH, MY, The LADIES WERE MAD! I immediately emailed Cheryl just in case Iza fanagled access to a computer and filed a formal complaint. Pete ran up and down the barn handing out treats but they still were mad. Pete eventually had to go over to the other barn to fix the hole in the wall created by the hoodlums so they could be brought up from the back pasture and out of the coming storm.

Meanwhile, Jamra let herself out of her stall. Pete calls down to the house and explains, "It's warmed up, they're all blanketed, Jamra is flaunting her freedom and I think you should grant a two hour parole." 

So everyone got to go out for awhile.  Hana Bride saw monsters right away so everyone was running madly about.

So, How is Hana? On an up swing. Hana Bride has boughts of depression. She is currently on a high...eating and happy.

ExcellerFund

12/15/07

Totally cool that you love Hana Bride!  I saw Hana shortly after her arrival at Our Mims when I went to Kentucky on one of my very few and far between vacations.

The Exceller Fund and Exceller volunteers have worked with Jeanne on finding homes for mares, and Jeanne is a wonderful person to work with.

The Exceller Fund was involved in getting Hana Bride (she's the mare that loves the "Hooligans") over to OMRH.  Here's our page on her:

http://www.excellerfund.org/horses/hana.htm

Jeanne was so wonderful and patient as we worked out transport arrangements and funding to pay for the transport to Kentucky. 

Jeanne welcomes visitors to see her "girls", and she will give you more information than you may want to know about each and every one of them.  LOL!!!  I was so happy to see that OMRH got their 501(c)3 so they can get more donations to help support these ladies in their golden years.