POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 251046 views.
Msg 63 of 6977 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 60
ExcellerFund

12/15/07

"Reloaded? Well, I was just trying to figure out what was wrong with the darn thing, officer."

LOL!!! 

That's the night that the lights went out at Our Mims!"

12/15/07

Our Sheriff is a horseman, too.  His gun may malfunction, too.
LindaVA3

12/15/07

I ALREADY love it!  Thanks again.
Weldon54

12/15/07

I have really enjoyed reading all the posts tonight. Brings back memories of the fun we had with TANK.

I'm glad you're with us! I've got some good stories to post. Jeanne is a great  storyteller. I am trying to talk her into writing a book. It would sell a gazillion copies.

Take care!

Faye

kaeffer

12/15/07

Hi Bonnie!

Thanks for helping save Hana! Such a lovely lady......her eyes just drew me in when I met her in September.....and I look forward to being able to go back and hopefully spend some more time around her.....I was talking to another friend tonite about her, and she reminded me what a beautiful long tail Hana has....and sure enough....I went back to look at my pictures.....and indeed....it is luxuriously long! I'm so thankful for Jeanne AND Alabama Nana for taking care of Hana so well. Can't wait to hear about the two of them living in the hoodlum barn!!!!

Blessings, and thank you for all the work you do for horses,
Kathleen
Cincinnati

PS....I tried to access the page about Hana on "Color of Horses" but it seems to be gone.....thanks for the info on your Exceller page about her....I had previously read it....after meeting her in September when I searched for info about her.....yours was the most I could find about her.....

LindaVA3

12/15/07

Absolutely!  I needed to read some positive stuff and this fits the bill!  A book would be wonderful!  She is a great storyteller, I can't wait to visit next time I'm in Kentucky!
Msg 69 of 6977 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 8
Halfarabs68

12/15/07

Hi Jeanne,
This is Wendy and I came to see you and the ladies in 2006 armed with stud muffins and anti-slaughter brochures. Hana walked up to me in the field and she stole my heart. Glad to hear she is well. Hopefully I will get to come back with more stud muffins. Please give the ladies a Merry Chrismas horsey kiss for me.
Wendy in Virginia

P.S. Hillary may pave the way for your daughter to the White House!

ExcellerFund

12/15/07

Thanks - I just checked the link, and I guess COH must have cleared the older stories off their site.  I'll ask our web person to remove the link.   I suppose I should learn how to use those "spider" services that crawl around your website and report back dead links.  Ewww.... spiders.......(shudder!)

OMRH is another example of a rescue group that does so much with so little!  There is no doubt that the horses come first at Jeanne's place!

I have to ask, when you visited, were you able to get your car in and out of the driveway?  Yeah...... that's one little trip I didn't tell the rental car company about.  LOL!!!

kaeffer

12/15/07

Bonnie! And I have a VW Bug......VERY LOW clearance! I have to drive REALLY slow on that driveway......not a problem tho!!!

I agree....from the moment I stepped into the barn at Our Mims....it was abundantly clear how loved the ladies are......I'll never forget sensing that each of them were cleaner than my own dogs at home!!! (who live lives inside....and have set world record times running outside.....going potty....and getting back inside!!! They are truly pampered, rescued former puppy-mill girlies who didn't even know what it was like to walk on GRASS, no less carpet, couches & fluffy beds before we found each other!!!) I think when I'm old, I want to be retired to Our Mims!!! LOL!

Blessings,
Kathleen
Cincinnati

12/15/07

Ahhh, come on, my drive way isn't that bad. There are roads worse than this in our county! You're just a city girl.

This just goes to show, absoloutely ALL money raised, so far, went directly to the ladies. We would love someday to do farm improvements but the ladies come first. Our construction fund will build the new feed room, fix our leaky barn roof, maybe paint the barn (fingers crossed) and then maybe we'll look into a new fund raiser for the driveway. Who knows?

I was able to find that link to Hana's story. I had to look a ways, though. Finally found it after scrolling down.