MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Support Eight Belles' connections   Horse Racing

Started by Russo (Railbird87); 8525 views.
KammyGirl9

5/6/08

You are so right.  I will send my condolenses to Eight Belles' connections.

Thank you,  Judy

KammyGirl9

5/6/08

Railbird,

This is in response to your post #10.  It says everything I have been feeling, so I need not say anything more  Bravo.

Rest in Peace, beautiful Belles...

5/6/08

I don't get "wordy" very often on most of these topics because I do not want to get into the contest of words.  But, I have felt for a long time now that there are good owners/trainers and there are bad ones.  If there weren't then why would the Jackson's get so much praise for being an example of the "good owners" that "get it".  And this is shown by the decisions that they make for their horses.  

hornsix1

5/6/08

I enjoyed reading your post #33. Insight right from people like you who know horses from first hand experience helps clear up the "muddied" picture painted by radicals who have strong opinions but don't really know the animals.

5/6/08

I agree EGO is at the root of our biggest problems.  And before you know it you are making decisions letting  your ego rule.

I like to believe the best about people, but somehow when it comes to the welfare of animals, especially horses my patience is short.  They a so dependent on man for their welfare and are practically helpless.

Karen Macmanus

In reply toRe: msg 20
Lin817

5/6/08

I feel bad for everyone involved with Eight Belles. I am heart broken over this filly. I think something was wrong with her before the race.  I also think they are too young and that race is too long. If they changed that there would be less getting hurt. I have not watched a race since Barbaro and I don't intend to....until or if they do some safety precautions for races.  If a horse kicks his stall or anything else before the race they should be scratched. Most of them are nervous and bop around  at the gate, think of something else.   
MichiganFOB1

5/6/08

Just to let you know.  I sent an e-mail to Delaware Park. on their website, asking to please forward my sincere sympathy to all Eight Belles connections.  I also said I do not support the efforts of PETA to suspend or punish Gabe Saez.  I got a response back, thanking me for my kind words, and telling that my e-mail has been given to Eight Belles connections. 
Msg 58 of 79 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 5
Francek2

5/6/08

Look at the tape again at about the 1/16 mark.  See the slight bobble on her right front?
MichiganFOB1

5/6/08

I sent an e-mail to NTRA today and got the following response.  Please go to this site and tell them your thoughts. This is wonderful, in my opinion, to know they are listening and want to act:

In case the click here doesn't work, the website link is below the message.  This is huge.  I will pass on to other sites.

Dear ELLEN ,

I thought you might want to read NTRA President and CEO Alex Waldrop's initial take on the tragic accident that occurred following last Saturday's Kentucky Derby. Click here to read his blog.

Regards,

Keith Chamblin

Senior Vice President, NTRA

http://www.ntra.com/blog.aspx?blogid=15&year=2008&month=5&day=5

tstockam

5/6/08

Thank you for telling us about your horse and what happened. This must have brought up all those sad memories for you again but please know that by sharing you have given some of us some peace. Unless we hear different from the autopsy I will lean on this when I feel the need to constantly question why. Thank you for sharing... especially since you have seen this happen in person. It helps...

Tamme