MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rachel Alexandra is Home!!!   Retired TBs -Past and Present

Started 3/21/10 by Derby132; 369752 views.
gerchgo

9/29/19

On TVG this morning, Ken Rudolph said he went back and watched all of Rachel’s races, to see if he would find a different perspective of her. Well, he did (of course!), he said she was One. Fast. Filly. He says he’s not sure Zenyatta would have been able to catch her if they had raced(he also watched Z’s 19 win races).

Forever Rachel!!!!

Derby132

9/30/19

Cool!  Sometimes it takes time for accomplishments to come in to perspective.

Rachel was one of the greats.  Oh what a filly!!

Derby132

9/30/19

Hey!  Photo op with Rachel at the TB Makeover at the KHP!

Stonestreet is headed to the 2019 Thoroughbred Makeover! Check out our booth at the vendor fair for a photo opportunity with Rachel Alexandra and a chance to win some Stonestreet swag!
While you're there, be sure to cheer on Stonestreet bred and raised competitors Higher Factor (Show Hunter & Competitive Trail) and Silver Stacker (Field Hunter)! #TBMakeover #OTTB #SelfiewithRachel

Image may contain: outdoor

https://www.facebook.com/StonestreetFarms/photos/a.167965013243135/2548922028480743/?type=3&theater

cigarello

9/30/19

She surely is one of the greatest fillies ---ever.  

gerchgo

9/30/19

I saw that, but can’t go.:( What an awesome opportunity!!!!

Derby132

12/27/19

Love this!  I'm a big fan of Ernie M.!  Now I need to find a video of that feature on RA...

Congratulations to Ernie Munick for producing the 2019 Eclipse Award winning television feature “When Rachel Raised the Rafters”. The media Eclipse Awards were announced today. So will we see Ernie and his tux at Gulfstream Park next month? Congrats to Ernie and everyone on that feature

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThoroughbredRacingInNewYork/?fref=nf

Derby132

12/27/19

"When Rachel Raised the Rafters" was a true labor of love ? deep, obsessive love - and could not have been what it became without the contribution of many: Eric, Mags, Patty W, Bobby, Terrence, Jody, Jay, the entire Grade 1 TV crew at NYRA. Thank you. Rachel just gets in your marrow, still. 

cigarello

12/27/19

I got chills and goose bumps watching that video: Asmussen was holding back tears- she really is Rachel Alexandra the Great!!!!

gerchgo

12/27/19

They showed this on tv , NBCSN I think, during this year’s Woodward. I cried right along with everyone else watching.:)

(grandkids over for the yearly overnight)

• Edited December 27, 2019 11:32 pm  by  gerchgo