MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Horses We Just Really Like!   Horse Racing

Started 7/29/10 by LindaVA3; 490604 views.
LindaVA3

7/29/10

It just seemed time for a nice fun thread!
LindaVA3

7/29/10

OK, my first is my new guy HAM AND ERNIE.  I mentioned him on the Delaware Park thread, he is trained by Hamilton Smith who won the training title at Colonial Downs this year.  I first saw him at CD on Turf Cup Day (he came in third) and then got to see him win at Delaware Park.  Here he is in the winner's circle.

July4105.jpg picture by WalkerVA

The other is a three year old filly named PURPLISH who just broke her maiden a couple weeks ago at Colonial.  No particular reason other than I like her name LOL.  No picture of her though.

• Edited 7/29/2010 11:56 am ET by LindaVA3
Greg J. (Wookster8)

7/29/10

Too funny Linda!  I was just going to mention Ham & Ernie from seeing him at DP, lol!  OK, I will mention another from that Saturday, the winner of this year's Barbaro's Stakes, the undefeated three year old, Trickmeister!!!!  I hate to admit it, but, prior to seeing him that Saturday, I had never heard of him, he is one to watch!!!

Great idea for a thread!

"Trickmeister"(A little sleepy after his victory, lol):

NicanorSussexStakesandBlindLuck039-1.jpg picture by wookster318

• Edited 7/29/2010 12:03 pm ET by Greg J. (Wookster8)
KYsally (kwsally)

7/29/10

We can't forget Ham & Ernie - LOL.  Even though she has her own thread - how about that LAVA GIRL.  OK I won't mention her again - but she is my new fav horse!

XXOO

KYsally (kwsally)

7/29/10

He does look very sleepy!

XXOO

LindaVA3

7/29/10

You should tell us about them!  We love to hear about everyone's favorites :)
LindaVA3

7/29/10

I admit I'd never heard of him either!  And he does look sleepy - it was tough work slogging through all that mud!
SlewReigns

7/29/10

Here's my favorite.......

MrEdSuperman.jpg picture by slewreigns

Bobcinpa

7/29/10

SHADOW OF ILLINOIS, 10 YO gelding... Quite a story... Made comeback after multi-year layoff... Between races he lives at home with his owners.

Just happens to be entered today... 2nd Race (Turf) at Del Mar.

JOHN HENRY
1975-2007

The late Joe Hirsch, longtime Daily Racing Form columnist, wrote this about JH...
"He was not the best race horse. He was not the fastest or the busiest. He wasn't the greatest weight carrier, and certainly not the handsomest or the most personable. But he was the most remarkable horse who ever raced -- anywhere."

Edited 7/29/2010 2:51 pm ET by Bobcinpa

• Edited 7/29/2010 3:03 pm ET by Bobcinpa