MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Remember Ernie from Horse Feathers?   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 11/17/10 by PiaC (PiaCM); 79328 views.
In reply toRe: msg 367
PiaC (PiaCM)

1/25/18

We've had a few bumps in the road in the past few months - I fell off Ernie and shattered a bone in my finger so that involved surgery, not riding for a couple months and lots of physical therapy. Then I fell again and had a concussion. And our wonderful trainer has left (anyone need a trainer in the Dallas area?). But she got us through a really critical time and introduced us to a young trainer who is helping us now.

Ernie loves to run on the beach. For such a mellow guy, it turns out that he's very forward under saddle. But he's also very careful when I put my little cousins on him. My mom - who wasn't always very comfortable around horses and hasn't been on one in 50 years - couldn't wait to ride him when she was here for Christmas. He was so very careful with her. So, he clearly knows how to adjust his style based on who is riding him.

Yesterday was the eighth anniversary of signing his adoption papers. He is still a treasure!

RT (plainswindr)

2/6/18

Hard to believe its been that long huh Pia? Im so glad things are going well and that he is happy. Glad your mom got on! What a dream. Give him a big hug from pawpaw and me and smooches on that nose!

PiaC (PiaCM)

2/6/18

Will do! Can you believe the life he has now? Running on the beach, playing in the lake, babysitting little kids, hiking the trails ... and taking care of me!

gerchgo

2/6/18

I’m glad the two of you have been able to continue your journey together! I’m sorry about the falls and setbacks, but know you 2 will continue to push through and continue your lovely journey! Best wishes to you both!:)

In reply toRe: msg 371
PiaC (PiaCM)

5/4/18

Right before this was taken, I said "Ernie, don't eat the tree!" So here he is, dropping his tree branch. Doesn't he look so innocent?

Enjoying the view from the ridge top:

gerchgo

5/4/18

He’s obviously a master of expressions! Hugs to the sweet boy for me- you both look great!

jamielsg

5/19/18

He's like "what tree branch Mom?"   Love him! he is so expressive;)

In reply toRe: msg 374
PiaC (PiaCM)

7/30/18

Ernie's not so sure if he likes swimming yet.  We're going to have to keep working on that! heart_eyes

gerchgo

7/30/18

I’m sure as long as you are beside him, he will settle into anything!:)