MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Remember Ernie from Horse Feathers?   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 11/17/10 by PiaC (PiaCM); 77815 views.
LindaJ56

11/17/10

He looks AMAZING, Pia - thanks so much for the update and the picture!!

If I'm remembering right, there were the most wonderful pictures posted of Viet and Ernie, when Ernie was recovering from his surgery - hopefully I'm thinking of the right horse! I think in one of the pictures they had actually fallen asleep together, with Viet cradling Ernie. It was very very touching.

Thank you!

Linda J., Minneapolis

twigs6652

11/17/10

Wow!  I remember Ernie and most of Cherie's rescues.  She was one of the original rescues on the forum.  Ernie has certainly gone from a scared baby to a beautiful horse with wise and knowing eyes.  You are so lucky to have each other!

Lauren

JLNJ

11/17/10

Oh thank you   thank you ...I do remember Ernie and checking in several times a day to see how he was doing. I too remember the pic of Viet and Ernie asleep together...lots of love there for sure.

What a handsome fellow he turned out to be. Much happiness together and thanks again for the update...Tullie and Ernie...2 wonderful stories 2 days in a row !!! So heartwarming to hear they are happy and loved !!

Jessie

kckellsbells

11/17/10

Hi Pia!  Ernie looks fantastic!  Thanks for being his mom. :)
kckellsbells

11/17/10

Yep, that was Ernie and Viet in the stall sleeping. :)
LindaJ56

11/17/10

Thanks Kelly for confirming - good to know my memory isn't totally shot  :)

They were just beautiful pics, and it's pretty terrific to see Ernie now.

Linda J., Minneapolis  :)

MargieM17

11/17/10

Yes, I do! Wow!!

Margie

maxsmom10

11/17/10

She continues to perform her miracles.  Her talents are amazing.  What a joy to visit Horse Feathers and see everyone happy and healthy.  Does anyone remember Lily, the crippled pregnant mare, and the foal she delivered during the first Barbaro Celebration, or the other foals that were delivered that first exciting spring/summer?  They're grown up, lovely, and everything you would hope for in a young horse.

Marsh in TN

ERNIE!!!!!  It's so wonderful to see you again...I "knew" you when you were just a baby and Cheri brought you to "meet" us here ~ and now you've grown up to be a big hunk!  Congratulations to you for finding a forever home...it would never have been possible without the TLC you received at Horse Feathers.

Have a long, healthy and happy life, dear Ernie!

KYsally (kwsally)

11/17/10

OMG he is GORGEOUS! What a transformation!

XXOO