Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Frankel!!!!!   Retired TBs -Past and Present

Started by hornsix1; 60521 views.
lizinuk

4/30/11

Hi Joan, no it wasn't a record, but it was a quick  time. There was quite a headwind. More later - just want to watch the sprinters (Borderlescott, the old favourite runs).

Liz

Trevesmom

4/30/11

Where's Borderlescott?  I'd love to see him, too.  Thanks for letting me know it wasn't a record.  Too bad about the headwind slowing him down.  LOL  I don't know how much more impressive that could have been.  ETA: I found him.  I was afraid he was going to be last for a minute there, but he did come up at the end.  I don't know what placing he got yet, though.

Joan

• Edited 4/30/2011 10:57 am ET by Trevesmom
SmittyCat3

4/30/11

Dangit - i missed it!!

Any replay links?

Derby132

4/30/11

Derby not entirely out of the question.

Stunning Frankel storms to 2000 Guineas victory

Frankel produced one of the most devastating performances in British Classic history with a pillar-to-post success in the 2000 Guineas.

The only concern connections had prior to the race was with the colt's temperament as he had often pulled hard in his races. A pacemaker was put in the race, but jockey Tom Queally elected to jump out of the gate and make all.

Within a furlong, Frankel had put daylight between himself and his rivals. With half a mile to run, Frankel was ten lengths clear of his toiling rivals. Frankel's raking stride took him further and further clear and at the three-furlong pole Queally took a look between his legs and it was a long way back to his rivals.

http://www.espn.co.uk/horseracing/sport/story/88082.html

• Edited 4/30/2011 10:52 am ET by Derby132
Derby132

4/30/11

Nice sharp video replay - thanks!
SmittyCat3

4/30/11

Brilliant!! Extraordinary!! Unprecedented!! as the announcer said
Derby132

4/30/11

Controlled Aggression....Brazen Speed......Crushed the Cream of the Milers......

I love the footage of Frankel after the race sidestepping and the jockey hugging him - great video!!!

SmittyCat3

4/30/11

Almost Zenyatta-esque
Derby132

4/30/11

Almost?, lol!  He did act like he was waiting for accolades like Zen did.  

eta - the replay is still playing, lol - lots of after-race commentary - I love it!

• Edited 4/30/2011 11:07 am ET by Derby132