Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Frankel!!!!!   Retired TBs -Past and Present

Started by hornsix1; 61621 views.
Trevesmom

4/30/11

Where's Borderlescott?  I'd love to see him, too.  Thanks for letting me know it wasn't a record.  Too bad about the headwind slowing him down.  LOL  I don't know how much more impressive that could have been.  ETA: I found him.  I was afraid he was going to be last for a minute there, but he did come up at the end.  I don't know what placing he got yet, though.

Joan

• Edited 4/30/2011 10:57 am ET by Trevesmom
SmittyCat3

4/30/11

Dangit - i missed it!!

Any replay links?

Derby132

4/30/11

Derby not entirely out of the question.

Stunning Frankel storms to 2000 Guineas victory

Frankel produced one of the most devastating performances in British Classic history with a pillar-to-post success in the 2000 Guineas.

The only concern connections had prior to the race was with the colt's temperament as he had often pulled hard in his races. A pacemaker was put in the race, but jockey Tom Queally elected to jump out of the gate and make all.

Within a furlong, Frankel had put daylight between himself and his rivals. With half a mile to run, Frankel was ten lengths clear of his toiling rivals. Frankel's raking stride took him further and further clear and at the three-furlong pole Queally took a look between his legs and it was a long way back to his rivals.

http://www.espn.co.uk/horseracing/sport/story/88082.html

• Edited 4/30/2011 10:52 am ET by Derby132
Derby132

4/30/11

Nice sharp video replay - thanks!
SmittyCat3

4/30/11

Brilliant!! Extraordinary!! Unprecedented!! as the announcer said
Derby132

4/30/11

Controlled Aggression....Brazen Speed......Crushed the Cream of the Milers......

I love the footage of Frankel after the race sidestepping and the jockey hugging him - great video!!!

SmittyCat3

4/30/11

Almost Zenyatta-esque
Derby132

4/30/11

Almost?, lol!  He did act like he was waiting for accolades like Zen did.  

eta - the replay is still playing, lol - lots of after-race commentary - I love it!

• Edited 4/30/2011 11:07 am ET by Derby132
Trevesmom

4/30/11

Loved the video.  Thanks for the URL.  It was so nice to hear the commentators talk about Bobby Frankel and to hear them be as overwhelmed by Frankel's performance as we are.

Joan