The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

whitney23187

8/22/12

amazing isn't he??  such a wonderful thing to see on a Weds morning!!  
gerchgo

8/22/12

Maybe we should just say "Frankelism" ???? LOL

or Frankastical???

• Edited 8/22/2012 1:23 pm ET by gerchgo
whitney23187

8/22/12

maybe add a "t' to Frankastical..seems a bit easier to say.......... Franktastical --- you got it!!  great idea--would have never thought of it......love that........
lizinuk

8/22/12

It is always the killer acceleration at the 2 furlong pole that does the opposition. He accelerates by lengthening and he can maintain the gallop. Those long strides like Usain Bolt. Nelly is the same of course. Before the race they compared some other "greats" and there were no others that had that long stride. In fact some were quite scratchy movers. Montjeu and Mill Reef for instance were quick striders.  I don't think he has gone left-handed before either, but he is so beautifully balanced it makes no difference to him.
Yankee167

8/22/12

I loved the way the announcer called Frankel, "This agent of destruction." It was a privilege to watch the race.
gerchgo

8/22/12

That's it, Franktastical!! :-)
  • Edited 8/22/2012 7:49 pm ET by gerchgo
whitney23187

8/22/12

thank you!!! i wondered about the left handed and meant to ask someone......and yes indeed that acceleration is something to behold.......
gerchgo

8/23/12

Interesting info I found posted on Frankel...

Undefeated racehorse Frankel extended his record to 13 races yesterday by winning the Juddmonte International at York. Frankel is rated the best racehorse in the world, and also has a funny relationship with the number 13. His first race (and win) was on Friday the 13th, his biggest winning margin is 13 lengths, and now he has 13 consecutive wins to his name! He certainly doesn't have triskaidekaphobia (fear of the number 13). [Frankel Wins Juddemonte International]

www.eventingnation.com

whitney23187

8/23/12

cute stuff!!!  never knew what fear of the #13 was called.........and nope he doesn't have it!!  thank you..........

this is 29 seconds filmed by a fan as he went by them---has great excitement sound to it and just cool to see it from that angle