Started by hornsix1; 66956 views.
hornsix1

5/3/11

Thanks so much for the update!
Derby132

5/14/11

A race everyone wants to see!

Frankel camp ready to take on Canford Cliffs

THE Frankel camp are eagerly anticipating a clash between their Guineas conqueror and Saturday's JLT Lockinge winner Canford Cliffs.

Canford Cliffs' comfortable victory in the Newbury Group 1 confirmed again the Richard Hannon-trained four-year-old as one of Europe's best milers,seriously rivalled only by sensational Guineas winner Frankel and French record-breaker Goldikova.

The where and when of a Canford Cliffs-Frankel clash have yet to be determined, but it appears inevitable they will meet somewhere this season, with the Sussex Stakes at Glorious Goodwood one possibility.

Canford Cliffs and Frankel are both expected to head to Royal Ascot next month, where the older horse is likely to face Goldikova in the Queen Anne and Frankel tackle the St James's Palace Stakes-bound.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/frankel-camp-ready-to-take-on-canford-cliffs/857419/

hornsix1

5/14/11

LOL I was just about to read an article whose title had it switched around.....said: "Canford Cliffs ready for Goldikova, Frankel after Lockinge win"
These overseas horses have really captured my attention, Black Caviar included!
Derby132

5/14/11

I was just reading same article on Canford Cliffs, lol.  I love them all too.   Have enjoyed the racing from around the world the last couple years.  Frankel and So You Think are personal favs and of course Goldikova.  Happy for the Queen, I see she has a legitimate contender for the Epsom Derby, a Kentucky bred.
Derby132

5/26/11

Don't know if this has been mentioned - Frankel has a full sibling, a two year old colt.

Noble Mission, a full brother to the currently undefeated Frankel.

KYsally (kwsally)

5/26/11

They were talking about that Saturday morning - I was doing dishes so I didn't really pay attention - but they were talking about his brother!

XXOO

Derby132

5/26/11

Cool!  I'm not surprised at all he's getting some talk thanks to his big bro'.
KYsally (kwsally)

5/26/11

Thats what I was thinking as I was doing the dishes - heard the mention - and said - Cool - Frankel's little bro - hope he is as good as his big bro!

XXXOO

lizinuk

5/30/11

I think Noble Mission has only just come within the radar. I don't remember any mention of him before - but then I do forget a lot of things! Someone on another site says that Boylesports have already priced him up at 20/1 for next year's 2000 Guineas.... presumably because of his big brother.  I had to check who he has been placed with - and I see he is with Henry Cecil, but I don't know when he is likely to be seen on a racecourse. I'll  keep a look out for any more news on him.
Derby132

6/12/11

Big week of racing at Ascot.   Frankel on Tuesday.

Frankel primed for Royal Ascot glory for Sir Henry Cecil

IN ASSOCIATION WITH

Frankel All eyes will be on colt Frankel when Royal Ascot gets under way on Tuesday

The race is one of three Group One contests starting the meeting, with top milers Goldikova and Canford Cliffs clashing in the opening Queen Anne Stakes.

Second up on the first day is the King's Stand Stakes, featuring some of Europe's leading sprinters including Temple Stakes winner Sole Power.

But it is Frankel who has the racing world abuzz after he stormed to a six-length win in the Guineas, having powered out of the stalls to sew the race up by halfway.

Queally appears to have few worries that race will have left its mark on his mount, who has won all six of his races.

"He's no different than he was before the Guineas," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/horse_racing/13720994.stm