The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Maureen830 (Davis474)

4/19/13

Thanks for all the info, Liz!   I leave work shortly and was glad to see this.  Do you know what # her race is?   I'll turn my TV on  early tomorrow morning and hope that either TVG or HRTV will be showing it.   If not, sure hope I'll be able to see a replay of it somewhere, later in the day!

Maureen

lizinuk

4/20/13

I hope you see this in time. The race is #4 on the Newbury card. Good luck!

Liz
lizinuk

4/21/13

I hope you managed to see the race. Next stop will in all probability be the One Thousand Guineas which is two weeks time.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/report/556457/maureen-proves-newburys-darling

The winning rider said: "Why not take your chance (in the 1000 Guineas)? She stayed better than the rest of them there. I think the ones in front died a bit and she came and won well.

"She's always showed us that little zip, but you would have to ride her conservatively in the Guineas and have one go right at the end."

Richard Hannon junior, son and assistant to his father, said: "We weren't totally sure she would get seven furlongs as she has loads of speed. But she's back, she was very disappointing in the Cheveley Park, when her scope wasn't right.

"She looked like she travelled supremely well, she has loads of ability, will improve and we have to take our chance in the Guineas.

"We have Sky Lantern, too, and it's a shame to run them against each other but it's the 1000 Guineas and the one we want to win."

Maureen830 (Davis474)

4/23/13

Sorry I've been absent, Liz - my computer decided to pull some funny stuff and it was down for awhile.   How did Maureen do, anyway?  Had my 2 horseracing channels on that morning, but looks like it wasn't shown.  Know if the video is up anywhere?

Maureen

lizinuk

4/24/13

Maureen won quite comfortably and they seemed very pleased with her and that she appeared to get the trip well enough. I would say they are hopeful of a good run in the Guineas, but not perhaps confident she will win. I know there must be a replay on the Racing UK website as they covered the race but I haven't seen any YouTube replays. Your tv stations should cover the One Thousand Guineas as it is one of our five Classics of the season, so you should be able to see her live then.
Maureen830 (Davis474)

4/26/13

Thanks so much for letting me know, Liz!   Please let me know if her race ever pops up on Youtube or anywhere else!!

Maureen (the other one - Ha Ha!)

lizinuk

4/30/13

Olivier Peslier to ride Maureen on Sunday - I love the butterfly pin he always wears on his silks. You can see it in this picture. He is an excellent, sympathetic jockey so she is in good hands:

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=1056277

Speaking at Chantilly on Monday, Peslier said: "She's got a lot of pace and she enjoys her racing. If the favourites aren't quite at their best she's a filly who can cause a surprise. The fifth or sixth favourites in such a race always have a chance of winning."
lizinuk

5/6/13

Well, she came in a creditable 6th in the One Thousand Guineas, won by her stablemate Sky Lantern. If you want to see the race, you should be able to watch the video on the righthand side of this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/racing/article-2319872/1-000-Guineas-Sky-Lantern-ridden-Richard-Hughes-wins.html

And for the real star of the season, have a look at Dawn Approach's win in the Two Thousand Guineas which is also in that corner. He is really something and you can't miss him with his distinctive blaze and his bright chestnut coat.

Thanks, Liz!

All kinds of problems with my computer tonight - will try to bring this up at work tomorrow.   Thanks so much for keeping me up-to-date on her!

Maureen

lizinuk

5/26/13

Following her sixth place in the English 1000 Guineas at Newmarket last month, Maureen came 6th in the Irish version at the Curragh today. So she is consistent! I thought she was a bit unlucky as she didn't get a good run and seemed the meat in the sandwich just when she was trying to find a gap to launch her run. She ran on well to be 6th. She may not have won even with a clear path but I'm sure she would have been a lot closer. The winner is a lovely filly who came a close second to Sky Lantern in the Newmarket Classic. There is a replay of the race (at least most of it) in this link. Maureen is a bit difficult to spot as she is deep in the pack but you can see her being steered around some of the others to make her run late on. Her jockey is in green and white (white sleeves):

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=1065054