MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Frankel!!!!!   Retired TBs -Past and Present

Started by hornsix1; 67803 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

5/29/13

Yes we talked about her yesterday on the European thread. Here is a link to the video of her race. http://forums.delphiforums.com/AlexBrown/messages?msg=59965.288
KentuckyTB

5/29/13

What a blue hen mare Kind is! Wow!
Amy (1pony)
Staff

6/10/13

I wonder what is going on, I know that Prince Abdullah is not young and maybe he just sees this as the right time to sell off some stock. I will be interested to see if Frankel gets included in the sale. I truly hope not!!

Juddmonte Announces Select Stock Dispersal

Khalid Abdullah plans to disperse part of his global Juddmonte equine operation, the organization's chief executive confirmed to The Blood-Horse.

Between farms at Henley and Tetbury in Great Britain, as well as operations in Ireland and Kentucky, the Saudi prince owns more than 900 horses including undefeated Frankel, who is now in his first season standing at Banstead Manor Stud near Newmarket and has been valued at pound;100 million.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/78767/juddmonte-announces-select-stock-dispersal#ixzz2Vqlz9bOp

Derby132

6/10/13

This is a downsizing and not a pull out.  I think Frankel stays right where he is. 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

6/10/13

I agree with you, downsizing he does have 900 horses that is a lot! Yep Frankel stays put, but a few other stallions get sold.
KentuckyTB

6/10/13

Yes, it is just downsizing - he has many mares of the same bloodlines (example - I think he has 4 daughters from one mare all in his broodmare band, and I think only 1 of those daughters won a race on the track)  so I think it is just time to 'cull' some of the excess mares that aren't producing the quality he is wanting.  I'd say he will sell 1/4-1/3 his stock...  I mean, he could sell 1/2 and still have a huge herd!  LOL 
Amy (1pony)
Staff

6/10/13

Great points and yes with a huge herd of mares with bloodlines people probably are screaming to get into he can afford to downsize and still be a force at the races.
In reply toRe: msg 564
KYsally (kwsally)
Staff

7/6/13

Frankel isn't perfect - LOL

He's not perfect after all. RT : Frankel goes bang

Amy (1pony)
Staff

7/6/13

Pretty good rate of fertility