MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Pachyderms, Anyone?   General: Non-horse

Started 10/22/11 by LyndaP31; 458413 views.
JungleHeart

Apr-21

So I went away from this page for a while and HAD TO COME BACK and see the Log Climber post again.

This post is HILARIOUS.

We have built up such a great story around him.  LOLOLOL

But it certainly SEEMS true!

Do you know what zoo he is in?  And maybe his "real" name - although our name is his Spirit Name.  ;)

I LOVE HIM!

Saratustra

Apr-22

The name of the older boy is "Jung Bul Kne" and the young boy "Moma", both very young, from Cologne. The "older" climber is the one who was climbing on Mommy and napping on her  : )

In Cologne are 14 elephants in the herd. See this mommy with her kids, even the bull on the right is her son.

JungleHeart

Apr-22

Log Climber's real name is Jung Bul Kne?  What?  lol.  Well, I will stick with Log Climber for sure.

Wow, what a family portrait!  Nice happy herd (or part of it).  Is that Log Climber kissing mommy on the left?

And that has to be him in the last photo.  That is a very unique log - could be used as a seat or piece of furniture ... oh, I see the elephant on top IS using it that way.  And I am going to guess that is Log Climber in the lower position, about ready to make one of his trademark climbing moves.

Saratustra

Apr-22

One of the mommys in cologne (from the latest newborn) is Marlar, she`s a daughter from Radza and lives in Cologne too.

6 years ago, Marlar loves climbing too  : )

JungleHeart

Apr-22

Oh, check HER out - Advance Log Climbing on an Obstacle Course!  Log Climber MUST SEE THIS.

Can you email it to him?  lol :)

For what it is worth, I agree.  Amersfoort is too small for this herd but it is all Kina, Kyan, and now Yunha know.

JungleHeart

Apr-22

That is the ONLY ray of sunshine in the situation.  They don't know anything different.  I think Indra was born there also.  And for Grandma, it's a lot better than where she came from - a working elephant.   I'm sorry, but esp. with a new baby and ANOTHER one on the way, that area is way too crowded for them and actually not very healthy.  That "pond" is a disgrace.  Shameful.  They cannot even swim.  If they cannot take better care of the elephants, I wish they would sell them to a GOOD European zoo - ALL of them together.  There are some amazing zoos in Europe.  Amersfoort is NOT set up for large mammals.  I hate to say this.  It makes me sad.  I honestly feel terrible sorry for all of them.  :(

JungleHeart

Apr-22

Bobby, what do you think of Log Climber?  He just makes me smile and laugh - I am so glad Sara found him.

He often makes my day - can cheer me up just seeing him lifting a leg up to "teach" a "student" - and this new student seems VERY interested!  :)

Saratustra

Apr-23

JungleHeart said...

Log Climber MUST SEE THIS.

The older one shows the younger one how to climb on Mommy when she sleeps  : )

Jungle, I like log-climber.  He is cute and such a good teacher too.  J  I find elephants amazing.   I have learned a lot about them in the last five years or so.  I have watched Kina grow up…loving her temper tantrums while Granny looked lovingly on.  She is my favorite…so much personality.  She watched over her little brother from the very beginning….even doing her best to keep others away from him after he was born.  She was a great auntie to him.  I feel sorry for Kyan.  He was close to his mom but she is preoccupied with Yunha now.  And Kina will be giving birth (I do not know when).  So he must feel like the proverbial fifth wheel.

I do wish that Amersfoort would put forth the money needed to increase their area inside and outside.  I just don’t know if they have the means to do that.  If they do not, they should send them to a bigger zoo or sanctuary.  I agree with you that the space is too small for them.