MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pachyderms, Anyone?   General: Non-horse

Started 10/22/11 by LyndaP31; 1341355 views.
Saratustra

Mar-2

Thermal-Image from Hippomonny/baby. 

Adults have hotspots to keep cold in the sun and stay warm in cold water, babys can`t regulate the temperatue. 

Elephants use the ears to regulate the temperature, you can see the veins in the ear, warm blood goes into the ear and cools down and get back into the body.

gerchgo

Mar-15

How are you doing Chrys? Have you moved into your new apartment yet?

Take care, hugs to you my friend.

JungleHeart

Mar-16

Moved over the weekend.  I should have gotten rid of a lot more than I did, mainly clothes.  I mean, do I need all those clothes now?  Nope.  I only go grocery shopping.  So I've spent two days trying to unpack and put things away.  Time to weed things out now as I should have done already.

This place is too big and too expensive for me but there is very little available around here.  I need to get that house sold, so I had to vacate.

Cats are not too happy that they no longer can go outside (into the dog run we had).  But they seem to like this second floor, trees in front of every window.

As far as how I'm actually doing, it's a monumental struggle.  The pain is so deep, still a gaping wound.  He was my entire life.  Now I'm lost and alone.

But thanks for asking.

gerchgo

Mar-29

Hi Chrys, how are you doing? Have you been weeding out more of your unneeded stuff? Stay safe my friend, hugs to you.

JungleHeart

Mar-29

I haven't been but need to.  Hopefully I can get into a 2 BR apt soon (less money), and so I do need to just let stuff go.

I really don't feel like doing anything, honestly.  The grief is still so deep that I am paralyzed.  And very lonely.

Of all the times --- this is when I need to get out and make new friends, go to church, be around people.

And with this pestilence upon us I can't do that.

Thanks for checking on me, girl.

JungleHeart

Mar-29

I wonder what is going on with the birth of Indra's baby.  I haven't seen anything!

JungleHeart

Mar-29

Oh yes!  THANK YOU SO MUCH.  Almost all of my FB feed comes from zoos in Europe, so I watch the wonderful animals and babies.

Warms my heart.