MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 240142 views.
Flurry84

Oct-21

Cannot keep up with all the retirements the past few days.  The major one for me is Tiznow being pensioned.  What a truly great race horse and sire he has been.  I follow his sons in their sire careers  (the ones who have not been exported already!).  Am so hopeful Tourist will prove to be really good.  Also follow the other tail male descendants of Man o' War  who have sons producing, esp. Bertrando and Honor and Glory.  I am hopeful for H&G's sons Bal a Bali and Put It Back.  I am one of those who believes it is good to keep the tail male to Man 'o War going for many reasons.  Most importantly to have outcross options when they are needed so very much.

• Edited October 21, 2020 8:38 pm  by  Flurry84
gerchgo

Oct-21

Yes, we’ve had a few throwback pedigrees in horses the past couple of years. I’ll miss Tiznow when I get back to the stud farms in Kentucky. I hope he enjoys a long and healthy true retirement!

Flurry84

Oct-21

Hopefully you will still be able to visit him at WinStar;  their press release sounds welcoming enough for that.

Derby132

Oct-21

I’m happy for Southern Phantom.  I think he’s had good connections looking out for his best interests.

I’m kind of bummed that we lose the talented Ghaiyyeth.

Derby132

Oct-21

I’d forgotten all about Runaway Ghost.

Lots of retirements!

cigarello

Oct-29

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/244388/bellafina-retired-will-miss-expected-breeders-cup-run

Bellafina will miss the BC- due to a minor problem- and she will be retired, as will Donna Veloce-

I really like Bellafina - will miss seeing her race but hope she has a long and healthy life in retirement