MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 247031 views.
Derby132

Nov-3

Oh He’s a half brother to Lookin. at Lee...

gerchgo

Nov-9

Authentic retired, will stand at Spendthrift. They’ve been busy getting stallions and mates this week!

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloodstock/authentic-retired-headed-for-stud-duties-at-spendthrift/

gerchgo

Nov-10

Maximum Security retired

Maximum Security Retires To Ashford Stud

World Champion and Eclipse Award-winning three-year-old Maximum Security

has been retired from racing and is now available for inspection at Ashford Stud where he will stand for 2021. Winner of his only start as a juvenile by 9¾ lengths for owner/breeders Gary & Mary West, Maximum Security was first past the post in all of his four Grade 1 starts as a sophomore winning the Haskell, the Cigar Mile and the Florida Derby and was arguably unlucky to have lost the Kentucky Derby despite having run out an easy winner.

As a four-year-old, Maximum Security won the lucrative Saudi Cup, defeating eight individual Grade 1 winners, before transferring to Bob Baffert for whom he won the San Diego Handicap [G2] and the Pacific Classic Stakes [G1].

The best son of Street Cry’s Breeders’ Cup Juvenile winner New Year’s Day, Maximum Security is a three-parts brother to triple Grade 1 winner Flat Out so he has the pedigree to match his race record and looks. “Maximum Security was an exceptional racehorse and I have no doubt that he will prove very popular with breeders once they see him,” said Ashford’s Director of Sales Charlie O’Connor. “He’s an extremely impressive-looking individual.” 

Maximum Security’s fee has been set at $20,000.

• Edited November 10, 2020 10:51 am  by  gerchgo
cigarello

Nov-10

I hope this star-crossed horse is a successful sire!!!! He always tried his best.

Flurry84

Nov-10

Well said.  Always a fan of his;  he has a lot of heart.  Will never be able to forget when the bouquet of roses was taken from Mrs. West.  The entire proceeding became a hollow victory at this point.  Prayers that he is healthy, safe and sires great runners with as much courage as he has.

Derby132

Nov-11

My mom is sooooo happy that both Serengeti's owners and Bisou's owners kept their big mares!!!  I think Serengeti will reside at Taylor Made.