MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RETIREMENTS   Horse Racing

Started 11/9/11 by Derby132; 254401 views.
Derby132

Dec-22

She was awesome.  Now we wait for breeding news. 

cigarello

Dec-29

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Artist_Wyeth_honors_his_late_wife_adopts_10_retired_racehorses_123

I didn't know exactly where to post this: It is very touching.  Artist Wyeth honors his late wife Phyllis Mills Wyeth (owner and breeder of Union Rags), by adopting 10 retired race horses.   Just wonderful.  I recall she so loved Union Rags.

gerchgo

Dec-29

It’s nice to see him show his love for his wife and her horses. (If you come across something like this again, you could post in the retired TB thread, or the owners thread)

cigarello

Dec-29

Thanks.  I think the owners thread would be appropriate.

sandins

Dec-30

I didn't know that Phyllis died. Love Jamie and have a picture he painted of her driving a light carriage yrs ago........she had been paralyzed from waist down for many yrs. .....so glad that he honored her in that way...........star

cigarello

Dec-30

How lovely that you have one of his paintings-- she was a lovely caring woman---

sandins

Dec-30

saw him yrs ago in a  Chicago art gallery, with his exhibition,,,,think it was maybe all 3 Wyeths ..NC, Andrew and Jamie.....and he was riding up and down in the freight elevator, turned into a bar...........he is very un=conventional, quirky.Yes, she was.........remember her after Union Rag's win

cigarello

Dec-30

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Tiz_the_Law_retired_to_Ashford_Stud_123

Surprise:  Tiz The Law has been retired based on veterinary advice--- 

gerchgo

Dec-30

I got a newsletter from Coolmore that stated it was on veterinary advice, so I wonder what it is. I’ll miss seeing him race next year.