MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 371517 views.
gerchgo

Dec-22

Oh no! These stallions murdered in Peru:( my condolences to their connections, I remember a couple of them racing

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/four-stallions-including-the-lieutenant-killed-in-peru/

cigarello

Dec-22

I read that and felt sick: how horrible. I was following the Lieutenant somewhat - ugh.

Derby132

Dec-22

My God what is wrong with people?  I'm sick to read this.

Flurry84

Dec-22

Political volatility is one of the reasons I worry so much when our TBs are sold overseas.  With all those going to Turkey and Korea lately I do worry.  And it is obvious that throughout South America there is unrest.  Feeling so sorry for the loss of these beautiful stallions.  

I followed the racing  career of Cyrus Alexander and hated to remove him from my Virtual Stable when he retired.  I think many started paying attention to The Lieutenant when Justify became so well known.  I feel badly for the Sequel connections and also for the Gunthers who  bred him.  Their mare Stage Magic has truly produced some wonderful progeny.

May these four stallions rest in peace.

gerchgo

Dec-22

I too followed Cyrus, what disgusting people out there! I hope they didn’t suffer.:(

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Dec-22

This is so horrible I started a thread

gerchgo

Dec-22

Yes I saw that, but busy finishing cookies so not able to post much.

gerchgo

Dec-26

Geronimo has passed away at Old Friends my condolences to all his connections and fans

https://twitter.com/Oldfriendsfarm/status/1210237837406162950

Derby132

Dec-26

Hard to lose one but glad for the end of life he had at OF.

gerchgo

Dec-28

My condolences to connections :(

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message