MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 523341 views.
cigarello

May-29

In the 2nd race at Belmont an 8 year old gelding was pulled up- he was subsequently euthanized-his name was Playthatfunnymusic.  Of course the people on FS2 never provided a follow up as to what happened to the horse: I found this info at TBC .  Horses like this,  are not well known, and not many people sesem to care or  pay attention to when they break down:  I care and many people do as well. We care when a horse breaks down in a race and I wish those people at FS2 or TVG would provide some kind of follow up: instead they just go merrily on their way like it never happened. But it did happen and I wish to express my condolences to those who love and care for him.

gerchgo

May-29

I missed that race. RIP sweet boy, my condolences to his connections.

Flurry84

May-29

In the 7th at Pimlico, a three year old colt by Chrome was injured and vanned off.  Do not know how badly hurt he was, but wish I could find out.  The east coast sloppy tracks might have been a contributing factor.  The colt's name is Da Chrome --- prayers for his recovery.

gerchgo

May-29

Horrible crash in harness race at Meadowlands race 7 tonight. My condolences to the connections of Incredible Shark :(

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
cigarello

May-30

I read at Facebook and TBC that Da Chrome broke both sesamoids and was euthanized. Very sad.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

May-30

I understand that we wish that the racing commentators would give us an update on horses that are pulled up, etc.

There are many moving parts involved, first they have a schedule to keep jumping from one track to another, interviews, handicap analysis, etc. Which does not give them time to do an update. Second they do not always have boots on the ground (not true with Belmont). Third do the owners/trainer and or track want to announce the outcome on tv. 
All of this comes into play and unfortunately the fans are leaving unsatisfied. But sometimes we must.

Within about 30 minutes from the end of the race the chart is usually up on Equibase and that can be checked.

Flurry84

May-30

Thank you for letting us know.  Didn't look good on screen but you can never tell.  Am always grateful when we get through a day with no injuries and then Saturday brought several.  This is the first Chrome casualty as far as I know and we will all mourn his loss.  Just a three year old.  My sympathy to those who knew and loved him.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

May-30

On top of everything I appreciate it that the tv commentators do not say anything because honestly the anti racing groups do not need anymore ammunition to try and end racing for ever. 

gerchgo

May-31

Singular Sensation broke down in race 9 at Belmont today, chart states she was euthanized on the track. My condolences to her connections.

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited May 31, 2021 6:11 pm  by  gerchgo
Flurry84

May-31

Too many breakdowns this weekend.  Some may have been exacerbated by the off tracks, just don't know.  Was very relieved to find out that the American Pharoah colt at Pimlico  was eased and walked off earlier today.  It was his first race I believe and suddenly he was nowhere to be seen during the race.