MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 582122 views.
gerchgo

Mar-23

Grindstone has passed away at 29. Good long life, my condolences to his connections

https://paulickreport.com/horse-care-category/kentucky-derby-winner-grindstone-dies-at-age-29/

gerchgo

Mar-25

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Mar-29

We lost A great horseman

gerchgo

Mar-30

He sounds like he was very involved.

gerchgo

Apr-1

Old Friends open house  for burial of Medina Spirit’s ashes, April 5

GEORGETOWN, KY – APRIL 1, 2022 —Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement facility in Georgetown, KY., will inter the ashes of multiple graded stakes winner Medina Spirit on Tuesday, April 5th.
Medina Spirit will be laid to rest in Old Friends’s Nikki Bacharach Memorial Garden alongside such champions as Kentucky Derby Winners Charismatic (1999) and War Emblem (2002), as well as Eclipse Winner Hidden Lake and Breeders’ Cup Classic Winner Alphabet Soup.
Old Friends will host an open house TUESDAY APRIL 5, 2022 FROM 12:30pm TO 2:30pm to offer fans an opportunity to visit the gravesite and pay their respects to this great athlete.
In addition, the farm will also pay tribute to friend and supporter Bob Neumeier, the acclaimed sports reporter and NBC racing analyst who passed away October 23, 2021.
Old Friends Burial of Medina Spir
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Apr-2

I will definitely go to Old Friends next time I am in Lexington and pay my respects to this gutsy horse

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Apr-5

On what would have been his 4th birthday Medina Spirits ashes were laid to rest at Old Friends.  

gerchgo

Apr-5

Hopefully he can Rest In Peace now.

cigarello

Apr-6

There were quite a few people there to honor this lovely horse. Rest in Peace beautiful boy.