MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 591169 views.
Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-28

I am sad to see this, run free! Based on the stallions ages, most of them should not have been moved to Old Friends. 

gerchgo

Aug-10

Awesome Gerry took a bad step in the Tale of The Cat stakes at Saratoga today. He suffered a catastrophic injury to his right front and was euthanized . My condolences to his connections.  

cigarello

Aug-10

It has been a bad day at Saratoga ---the injury and death of Awesome

Gerry, the horrible incident involving the gelding that took a horrible fall,

Who thankfully seems to not be injured-- the. Jockey escaped injury as well.

Then there was the reckless ride by Irad in the 3rd race

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Aug-12

Losing an animal you care for 24-7 is very difficult. Saffie and his employees all will grieve for a long time.

lindawilbe

Aug-12

Thanks for posting, RIP Kitten's Joy.

Linda J.

Northeast Philly 

cigarello

Aug-12

I think we as fans sometimes forget that the horse's connections become very close to the horse- I was heartened though to read how much he cared for Awesome Gerry-- it is always heartbreaking to think that on the day of the race, all the horses go to the gate, but not all get to go back to the barn and that saddens me so much.

Prior to reading about these breakdowns I was thinking that as I was watching the races at Saratoga there were no breakdowns. Yesterday there was the gelding that fell losing the rider: both hopefully are doing well, and then there was the heartbreaking breakdown of Awesome Gerry.

gerchgo

Aug-22

I hate when this happens out of the country, you always wonder “ what if he’d stayed here”…..

RIP Combatant, my condolences to his connections

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/262488/combatant-dies-from-colic-in-chile-at-7

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Aug-24

Way too young