MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

In Memoriam   Horse Racing

Started 1/10/12 by Derby132; 421566 views.
Greg J. (Wookster8)

1/15/12

Pray they will both be alright, thanks...
Greg J. (Wookster8)

1/15/12

Just tweeted:

Jackie Davis has bruised collarbone, but no breaks, according to her dad. Thus far, all X-rays negative. Waiting to undergo a CT-Scan

Derby132

1/15/12

Thanks for the update / good news!

Lina_TX

1/15/12

RIP Raw Moon.  I wish there was some sort of idea what is causing this.  Not just cold weather, I'm thinking. 
Derby132

1/15/12

I'm sure it's probably not.  There is an answer, likely not a good one....
gerchgo

1/15/12

This was happening alot in eventing, they were doing a study on it now for 2 or 3 yrs, but I can't find any info on it. I may try to contact one the of the organizers out here, to see if they know anything.

ger

wishbone

1/16/12

I would venture to say that the reason a horse drops dead is probably the same reason a perfectly healthy person drops dead.....there is just no explaining to do.  If it lives and breathes, sadly, it also dies.  All the research in the world can't change that... it just happens.  Shah and Baffert are very unlucky that it has happened to 2 of their better horses within a couple of months.
Barbi1958

1/16/12

Wanted to honor Righteousnhopeful, a young filly who broke down at Gulfstream on Friday and I have not had time to find out what happened to For Oby, he broke down after the finish line at Tampa on Saturday in the Pasco. He finished second in the Spectacular Bid at Gulfstream and was a promising colt. Appreciate it Greg if you can find out anything.
Greg J. (Wookster8)

1/16/12

Barbi,

I am so sorry, I had posted this yesterday:

Sadly, "For Oby" a three year old colt, finished 5th in this race but broke down after the wire and didn't make it.

R.I.P. For Oby...

So sorry Barbi :(

R.I.P. Righteousnhopeful

In reply toRe: msg 20
myheart10

1/19/12

This is so sad, I feel it is due to a heart issue. I just found out on the weekend a yearling we have who coliced that same weekend has a very large heart Murmur.. When I tranked her I thought she was allergic her heart was beating fast.. The vet then came and examined her and he told me it was loud and didn't feel comfortatble to trank her to oil her. He said to keep an eye on it as she grows but to limit trank as much as possible. he said sometimes they out grow them. He said possiblity of ultrasounded the heart before she goes off to training. Many times I feel they go undiagnosed when they are young.