MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jockey's and Trainer's Thread   Horse Racing

Started 3/9/12 by SmittyCat3; 406099 views.
Derby132

Jun-30

I agree with this!  No delays.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-15

I hope they can convince the Legislators to reconsider these measures in the Bill. Trainers will not be able to pay 150% above state minimum wage and honestly some of this sounds like the workers would be part of a union. 

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-25

Prayers for the jockeys, sounds like the horses maybe ok.

gerchgo

Jul-25

Prayers for sure!

gerchgo

Aug-6

Congrats to Steve Asmussen on tying for the most wins by a trainer, with a win at Ellis Park just now! No more horses running today, so tomorrow might be the day!

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/252045/asmussen-ties-baird-for-american-record-of-9-445-wins

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited August 6, 2021 6:53 pm  by  gerchgo
gerchgo

Aug-7

Congrats to Steve Asmussen on becoming the winningest trainer in horse racing!

Flurry84

Aug-16

Isn't this the trainer who lost two horses in a barn fire awhile back?  Does banamine mask pain in injured horses?  I just know of it when it is used for so many things involved with horses, like  first symptom of colic, etc.  If it endangers a horse and jockey during race, then this is serious.  Would be so disappointed to hear this.

gerchgo

Aug-16

Yes, I believe it is a pain reliever, and maybe why he’s leading trainer??? Masking pain to run a horse is very unsafe for both horse and rider.

I don’t remember if he had horses in a barn fire.

Flurry84

Aug-16

Wayne Potts lost two horses in a barn fire at Belmont in April of this year.  Thanks to numerous people who helped rescue others, 58 horses in the shared barn were  "safely evacuated."  He lost stakes winner  American Sailor, a 9 yr. old who had won Saratoga's Troy Stakes (G-3) via a DQ and an un-raced 3 yr. old.