MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Jockey's and Trainer's Thread   Horse Racing

Started 3/9/12 by SmittyCat3; 421700 views.
gerchgo

Dec-3

Well darn! He’s was on quite the win roll too! Hope he heals quickly and returns to the winner’s circle soon.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Dec-3

This is poor timing. Heal fast Joel!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Dec-5

gerchgo

Dec-6

I wasn’t aware he had caused a horse to lose his rider, I must have just seen the stretch run of that race? I think he was suspended for a couple of weeks earlier in the year? He better get his act together before horses and riders get hurt!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Dec-6

He does need to take a look at his riding. He is aggressive and is the top jockey but he is going to get someone or himself hurt one day.

cigarello

Dec-6

Hopefully he doesn't have the idea that it is "winning at any cost'- cause that is dangerous

cigarello

Dec-7

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/255401/sherman-steps-away-with-one-final-work-of-art

Great article about Art Sherman who is retiring!!!! He should really write a book- he has lots of tales to tell!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Dec-11

Ruis has won his suit to have a court hearing to give the Santa Anita prize money to him instead of Justify’s owners.

I honestly do not think he will win, 6 other horses from 5 barns also tested positive during the same time frame, not one of them was sanctioned and had purse money redistributed.