MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Greats from the Past   Horse Racing

Started 6/23/12 by Derby132; 4650 views.
Derby132

May-11

This article is beautiful.  It gave me goosebumps, especially the last bit about Seattle Slew. 

It also mentions Normandy Farm.  I just made an appointment with Normandy Farm to visit the graves of Fair Play and Mahubah and to see the farm's very unique barns.

Kentucky Horse Subculture Lives In Farms Outside Lexington

cigarello

May-12

What an amazing article--gave me goose bumps  too--the part about the great Settle Slew brought tears to my eyes when he wrote "the fire was gone".

Derby132

May-18

Life size statue of Fair Play overlooking his and Mahubah's graves.  Sire and dam of Man o' War.  What a special place this was to visit.

In reply toRe: msg 135
Derby132

Jun-24

Mumtaz Mahal. One of the iconic names in turf history, the great Mumtaz Mahal was known as “The Flying Filly” during her racing career and was considered as the fastest filly ever seen on the track at the time. Racing under the colours of the Aga Khan III, she later became the foundation mare to his breeding operation and is the matriarch of some very elite names in the stud book. Nasrullah, Mahmoud, Royal Charger and Petite Etoile are some of her direct descendants. I invite you to click on the link and read my article on Mumtaz Mahal and discover her legacy on the track and her legacy as a great broodmare. The daughter of The Tetrarch was truly one of the greats.

http://thoroughbredancestry.com/mumtaz-mahal/