MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

European Racing   Horse Racing

Started 7/21/12 by KentuckyTB; 206156 views.
Derby132

10/12/19

What’s with TVG not showing races on Saturdays from 10-12?  Same with you ?

Derby132

10/12/19

Pinatubo wins!!  This 2yo is now 6 for 6.  The big race he is targeting is the 2000 Guineas in 7 months.

gerchgo

10/12/19

They’re showing their stupid betting show instead.:( I just got home, but I think they showed races that were on during that time?

cigarello

10/12/19

They have that Fan Duel or some such thing instead of european racing- GRRRRRR-

I missed the race that Pinatubo won----- Monarch of Egypt was in that race (American Pharoah) but

I guess he didn't do very well---

Derby132

10/12/19

An old but interesting story on Darley's Sharmadal - sire of Pinatubo.  Sharmadal is also the sire of Blue Point who retires this year to stand alongside his sire.

After a shaky start, Shamardal looks for a rosy future

It is an inspiring story, told so often that by now it frays at the edges. As an excitable 2-year-old, Smarty Jones bashes his head into a metal starting gate so severely he fractures his skull and is nearly killed, yet he recovers to become a racing superstar.

A year later, along comes another 3-year-old sensation with a remarkable story, one that also could have ended tragically.

http://www.espn.com/horse/columns/misc/1977978.html

gerchgo

10/15/19

Enable is finished for the year, but plans to return to the races next year!

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/enable-to-remain-in-training-2020-arc-goal/

cigarello

10/15/19

Great news- will look forward to seeing the queen race next year!!!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

10/15/19

I am so happy!! I know if she tells them I am done when they start up again next year they will listen to her. But I would love to see her get her 3rd Arc!

Derby132

10/16/19

I sure was not expecting that decision on Enable!  That's exciting!!