MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Breeding News   Horse Racing

Started 11/24/12 by Derby132; 553345 views.
Flurry84

Jun-29

Shuttling always reminds me of Scat Daddy who died far too soon.  What a fine sire he was.

cigarello

Jun-29

I too think of Scat Daddy when I think of Sbuttling-- I think he was 11 years 

old when he died- he was a fine sire and had so much more to give---I worry

about American Pharoah-- Both his daddy and  grand daddy died much too 

young.  

Flurry84

Jun-29

I worry about American Pharoah too.  So help me, if something happens to him I will raise cain everywhere I participate online.  Shuttling shortens the lives of lots of stallions in my opinion.  There are certainly some horses who do just fine, but they are all so precious to some of us!

cigarello

Jun-29

I love to watch these magnificent horses race, but hate how the industry

squeezes the lemon dry with over breeding--- Claiborne does  not shuttle

their stallions, and I commend them for it.

Flurry84

Jun-30

I just got around to reading the Bloodhorse article on inbreeding, genetics, soundness, bone development, etc.  This shuttling is depleting diversity worldwide.

gerchgo

Jul-11

Taylor Made is allowing clients to use cryptocurrency to pay for breeding. I don’t get the whole crypto thing, but wasn’t there just a problem with crypto devaluing?

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/261252/taylor-made-allowing-clients-to-use-cryptocurrency

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Jul-11

But then we have More than Ready who shuttled for years and is still going strong at 25 and he shuttled thru his 23rd year.

Flurry84

Jul-11

Am grateful for those who did well thru the yrs.  Just don't want our horses and those in other countries to take the risk.  Too precious.  If a few must, wish they could stay in that location for maybe 3 yrs. and then return to their original homes.  Since it is based upon money and deriving the most from the studs while they are producing well, it won't change and would not be logical to those farms to do so.

Flurry84

Jul-11

I did read that crypto has been devalued, but since I don't understand it anyway it matters not to me!